Chapter 4

"Whatcha doin?" Elena asked as she sat down and leaned on me so that she could see my phone.

I quickly pressed the home button and locked my phone.

"Nothing." I replied.

Justin had a girlfriend?

I mean, not that it was any of my business. I couldn't care less that he had a girlfriend, or anything he did with his personal life. I guess i just found it surprising that he could actually become committed to someone and bearable enough to be in a relationship.

"Oh, by the way, my mom said that we have this fancy dinner slash party that we all have to show up to. You know, as a 'welcome back' for Justin." Elena announced. "My brother Justin whomst we all love and care for Sofia. The one you are expected to act like a civilised, polite adult around, may i remind you."

I rolled my eyes at her dramatics. I was not that bad. "Yeah i know Elena. Despite popular belief, i can actually act responsible. Im not a child you know. Who is coming?" I asked her as i took another sip of the milkshake in my hand.

"Well, your family, Beth and her parents, me, my mom, Justin, Alec, a few other people my mother knows and ... And my dad for some reason." She finished.

"Wait, what? Your dad?" I spoke up, shocked at the sudden mention of him. "Why the fuck, nobody wants him there. I doubt Justin does especially. Are you okay with this?" I questioned the girl.

3 years ago, after her parents divorced, her dad left and started a new family with his new girlfriend. His previous secretary at that. Which is quite icky and.. embarrassing for him. Especially when you see the woman he left for the sad, sad life he lives now. After that, he never really contacted any of them. Until now, apparently.

Elena nodded her head as she played with her fingers.

"Yeah, it's just... I don't think I'm ready to see my dad with his new family yet. Or ever." She faked a laugh. "I don't want to see the way my brothers will react when they see him either."

My scandalised expression from earlier instantly softened as i noticed her sad tone.

"I understand you babe. And that's okay, you wont have to. It's only him thats coming right?" I asked her.

She nodded her head and muttered a soft 'yes'.

"Well then, we'll be alright. Besides, you'll have me there with you." I smiled at her. "It'll be a fun, but boring 'welcome back' party.'"

She opened her mouth to talk before biting her lip anxiously.

"About that, Sofia? There is one more person who will be joining us. And.. I don't think you are ready for that just yet. But! Just know that I didn't approve! In fact i told him that he is not allowed to bring her into our house. But my mom made me apologize and said that i have to be respectful and all that bullshit." She paused , took a deep breath before continuing with her speech "So let me start by saying im deeply deeply sorr-" I interrupted her rambling and placed my hand over her mouth.

"Who is it, crazy pants?" I asked as i slowly removed my hand.

"It might or might not be Rachel." My head snapped at her at that. "Closer to might be." She continued.