Chapter 6

The whole party was just us standing by the food section, and laughing at all the people we could see.

Mean, i know. But we had nothig better to do.

Apparently, what was supposed to happen now (after everyone else left) it would just be us having dinner. By 'us' i mean Beth's family, my family and of course, the Adams family (including their father unfortunately).

I haven't really talked to their father but i know better than to do so.

He looks very scary, sitting at the head of the table like owns the place. Arrogant and annoying, i could tell where Justin got his genes from.

Well guess what Mr Adams?!

Not anymore you don't. Now it's Ms Wood's place..

After Jenna and Richard got divorced, Alec, Justin and Elena had to keep their last name to 'Adams'.

But Jenna didn't want to have one more thing to do with her ex husband so she changed her name back to 'Woods'. Which made sense, i mean i would too.

So we had to eat dinner now.

And I couldn't do so, having had been seated next to Alec and his girlfriend. Saying i lost my appetite would be an understatement.

I tried to escape the said scene but I couldn't do so since my mother wouldn't stop giving me death glares every time i moved a part of my body.

God forbid this woman ever let me breathe.

I was feeling rebellious so i stood up and went to the bathroom. I know! Im such a badass.

Im starting to think I didn't really think this through before i came here however as i see there is a little que waiting to go to the bathroom. It freaked me out more than anything because who even are these people and why are they here? Elena's mother must've been drinking when she invited everyone.

So I shoved the urge to pee back where it came from and headed back to the dinner party from hell.

I could practically feel my mom staring holes through my head.

I huffed and sat next to Beth, ignoring her glaring at me with that judgy look of hers i learnt to love so much.

She was on her phone again, no surprise there. What a great companion to distract me from the shit at this table. I groaned and took her phone from her grasp.

"Hey!" She protested, reaching to take it back quickly.

"Will you stop hunting elephants and stay in the real world with me for one minute?! I am dying here. I wanna leave but medusa over there wont even let me move a finger and i don't want to suffer by myself." I whined, placing her phone on the chair and sitting on it.

She pinched the side of my butt like the mature 18 year old she is and mumbled something about me being selfish under her breath.

She smiled mockingly  at me before placing her elbows on the table and staring at the guy opposite us. Who just happened to be Justin. She was basically eye assaulting him while he was looking scared for his life. She sent him a wink and Justin widened his eyes in surprise, choking on his spit.

I put my hand over my mouth and tried to stop the laugh that was threatening to come out.

However, I didn't need to do all of that when i could've just faced the lovely couple in front of me. They were more than happy to piss on my mood.

Alec was whispering something in Rachel's ear while she was giggling and blushing, sitting on his lap.

Now, don't get me wrong, i have nothing against Rachel.