Chapter 29

Silence.

Complete and utter silence.

I blinked once before I burst out laughing.

"Matt? I barely remember what the guy looks like, why would- why would Selena keep in touch with him because of me?" I asked, highly alarmed and concerned.

I huffed and shook my head.

"No. She wouldn't. I understand that I've caused her enough pain as it is, but this doesn't make sense Justin, none of it does!"

"Sofia..if you'd just calm down.."

"No! No, I won't. Why would she do that?" I shouted.

"That you'd have to ask Selena yourself." Justin said.

I took a deep breath.

"So you drag me here, tell me that Selena has been talking to Matthew, the one guy who she should've avoided most, because of me and then you don't tell me why?" I ask calmly.

"What kind of logic is that?" I added.

"I know it doesn't make sense right now," he tried to explain, "but Selena will be able to explain it better so if you just-"

I groaned and ran a hand through my hair.

I heard him mumble 'I should've not told you.' But i chose to ignore it and started pacing nervously.

"She must hate me. She must really hate me. Oh gosh. What have i done this time? What does he even have to do with me?" I kept asking as Justin stared at me.

"Sofia-"

"What has she been doing anyway? Is this why she kept saying she was busy all the time?" I ignored him.

"What of- oh my god- what if it happens again?" I asked as i turned around with wide eyes.

"What?" Justin asked, confused.

"Selena is with Matt, Justin. If you knew about this then surely Selena told you their past together, what if it happens again?" I asked, my heart hammering in my chest.

Justin eyes widened.

"Oh no no no. I can assure you, that won't ever happen again." He told me as he grabbed both of my shoulders.

"Everytime they meet up, i make sure to check on her. I'd never let that happen."

"Thank you for telling me. But..if you don't mind..could you give me a ride back to my house? I need to talk to her."

<><><>

"Selena?" I called out as i looked around the house.

"Hello? Anybody home?" I shouted.

...nothing.

She's not in.

I groaned in furstration as i took my phone out.

I immediately dialed her number .

'Hello, this is Selena.. obviously. Im either busy or choosing not to answer so..leave a message. Or don't. I don't care.'

I groaned as panic struck me again.

What if she's with him right now .

Oh god.

<><><>

"Hey Sofia! Did you try to call m-" I immediately jumped up from the couch as i heard Selena's voice.