Part 13

Part 13:

Arnav is in the room looking at Aryan who is sleeping. His temperature reduced but still he is weak. He was arranging clothes in the wardrobe when he remembered the gifts he brought for his family. He din't gave the gifts to them. He took out all the gifts. He thought to give them now. Aryan just slept so he won't woke up. He took the gift and left the room securing Aryan with pillows.

He first went to Nani's room. Nani is watching TV where some preaches are going on. He knocked the door and she looked at him. Surprised she kept the TV on mute. Arnav entered the room.

" Nani. I brought this for you" said Arnav and forwarded the gift. Nani looked at him once directly and looked away showing her rejection.

Sighing, Arnav placed the gift on the couch and left from there.

The same scene repeated when he went to his Chacha-Chachi's room.

Finally he came to his parents room. His heart is beating loudly and thos would be his direct conversation with his mother. He looked in the room. Ratna is searching something in the wardrobe. He knocked the door.

" Haan HP come in. Amma's medicines were over. Go and bring them." Said Ratna but when she din't get any response she turned and looked at Arnav who is standing at the door.

" Why did you come here ??'asked Ratna to Arnav.

" I came to give this gifts" said Arnav. it is the direct conversation between the mother and son duo for the first time.

" We don't need your gifts. Leave from here" said Ratna.

" Maa. I.." Arnav is going to says something but Ratna turned away her face.

Arnav felt a prick in his heart when his mother turned away her face. He silently kept the gifts at door step gulping down the lump. HP came there them/

" mam saab. You called me" said HP.

" Yes..Go and bring maa's tablets. " said Ratna and then showing gifts " remove these from here"

Arnav heard it and couldn't say anything. He just left from there taking his gifts back.

Arnav entered the room with a sad face. He sat on the bed patting Aryan's back lovingly. Will his parents ever forgive him ?? He had to apologize them. Even before his parents, he have to apologize Shashi uncle and Khushi first. He had not seen Shashi uncle or Garima aunty from the time he came. He heard that Garima aunty went to lucknow as Buaji is not well. May be Shashi uncle too accompanied her.

" Bhai" Anjali knocked his door. He looked up and smiled to her. She came to him and looked at Aryan.

" Did Aryan's fever reduced ??"asked Anjali.

" Yes.. I just fed him with khichdi HP brought" said Arnav.

" Maa prepared it Bhai." Said Anjali.

" I know " said Arnav. Anjali looked at him questioningly.

" I tasted it before feeding him and I understood it is made by mumma. " said Arnav. Anjali nodded her head understanding then her eyes fell on the gifts.

" Bhai. These gifts..." said Anjali.

" I brought them for you all." Said Arnav and extended her gift.

" Thank you Bhai.. Don't say me this is my marriage gift" said Anjali.

" No. This is not.." said Arnav.