Chapter 20: I Will Always Love You/I Will Always Double Cross You

The next day at Lucious' house.....

Lucious was asleep in bed & Cookie was awake. Cookie decided to look at her phone & check her notification

____(Cookie's phone)___

Porsha: Cookie, where you at? The investor back down from the new collection?

Instagram: FifthHarmony just posted a photo

Missed Call from Jamal

Jamal: Ma, we need to talk

Then, she texted him back.

Cookie: What's wrong?

Jamal: Me & Philip decided to call off the wedding.

Cookie: What? Why?

Jamal: L.L

Cookie: We're gonna get this son of a bitch.

Jamal: I know we are.

Back at Jamal, Hakeem, & Aidan's loft....

Jamal was lying in his bed crying with his phone right next to him. He knew in his heart he wanted to protect Philip & get married. Then, Aidan opened up Jamal's door. " Jamal, Micheal's here to see you." said Aidan. "Okay." said Jamal, as he wiped the tears from his face. Jamal got up from his bed with hesitation. Then, he was escorted into the front room by his brother. " Hey, Jamal." said Michael. " Hey." said Jamal, as he wiped the tears from his eyes & smiled. " I heard about what happened with Philip. Are you okay." said Michael. " I'm still kinda in recovery mode." said Jamal. Then, both Jamal & Michael both exchange little giggles. "Hey, Mal. Me & Keem are about to head to the mall. Let us know if you need anything. Okay?" said Aidan. "Sure. Michael & I can just chill here." said Jamal. " Are you sure?" said Aidan. " Yes, go." said Jamal, with a little laugh.

Aidan left. "So, how's Philip?" said Michael. " He's fine. The doctors told me before I left that the bullet missed his heart by a few inches." said Jamal. "I'm so sorry." said Michael. " Michael, Hakeem told me about when you visited the hospital. He said you were gonna propose to me." said Michael. " Yes, I was." said Michael, with a smile. " My question is to you, will you marry me?" said Jamal, bending down on one knee with the ring that Michael hid in the white rose. " Yes. Yes. A thousand times, yes." said Michael, a he started to cry. " But, what about Philip?" said Michael. " Something, tell's me he wasn't ready to marry me." said Jamal. "Well, I'm happy you have me a chance." said Jamal. Jamal & Michael hugged & then kissed.

(There is love in Jamal's future)

Later at L.L's lair.....

"Well, we did some damage at the wedding." said Andre. L.L was planning to create the most diabolical "EndGame" device. " What is that for?" said Andre. " If you double cross me, you'll find out before your family. " said L.L.  Andre walked over to L.L , as L.L put the "EndGame" device in a small black gift box with a red bow.  Then, put it in a cabinet & locked it.