s i x

I woke up with a pounding headache, of course.
Why is it still so dark in my room? It has to be at least noon right now.
I click the power button on my phone and groan.

6:57am

Well this is just great.

I got up anyways because I couldn't get back to sleep.
I walk out to the kitchen and pour myself a glass of milk.
"Hey."
I hear Jacey say and I jumped out of my chair onto the floor.

"Oh my god! I'm sorry, are you alright?"
She rushed to me and helped me back up.
I pushed the hair out of my face and took a deep breath.

"I-I'm alright."
She smiles at me.
"Sorry I didn't mean to scary you!"
We both laughed.

"Hey girlies. Want some breakfast?"
Max came out of his bedroom, stretching and trying to talk to us at the same time.
Jacey and I laugh at him and I shake my head at the goofy boy.

Max chuckles and kisses my forehead, then walks into the kitchen to get food made.

*

"Ooo who wants to go swimming?"
Jacey asks.
Jacey is going to be staying with us for the rest of the time we're here, and then we'll be dropping her off at her dad's house.
She doesn't really like the idea, but she accepted it.

She's a really sweet, and energetic girl who I have loved being around for the past two days.
"Yeah let's go!" Max was instantly in on swimming.
"Uhm, I don't know."
I played with my sweater sleeves.
I don't want Max or Jacey to see my bruises from the other day.

She comes back and sits down next to me,
"Megan, we know what happened, and it's okay. We're here for you!"
Jacey somehow understood what was going on in my life, and it helped a lot.
"You are a beautiful. Independent girl, who I would die to be friends with!"
I smiled up at Jacey.

Although we just met it's like we're already best friends.
It's weird, I know.
"Thanks."
I say below a whisper.
I got up and brought Jacey to my room, I gave her one of my swimsuits and I grabbed my own.

*

It has been a week and a half since Sidney beat me up in the bathroom. My bruise are faded much more and I actually wore shorts around Max and Jacey and felt comfortable.

"Hey. Let's go swimming." I jump onto the couch where They were both watching tv. Max turns to me.
"You want to now?" He asks.
Jacey just smiles.

"Yeah. Now go get dressed!" I laugh at him and get changed.

We go outside where the water is making plenty of waves because of the windy day.
We are very childish and we decided to make a sand castle that was too close to the water.
It got washed away seconds after we made it. Then we have a water fight.
Splashing each other, and running around in the water.

We kept messing around till it was around lunch time, so we go inside and dry off.
Also getting a sandwich and chips.
We go out onto the old dock and sit down.
I cross my legs and lean my back on Max's side and he has his right foot in the water with the other one tucked under his leg.
Jacey sat beside me, turned a little more towards me.
We eat our lunch and talk about what to do next.
We decided on going fishing.

Max gets the poles and Jacey and I get a tub of worms from the fridge where we keep it away from all the food in a drawer.
I was way to scared to touch them because of how slimy they are, so I ask Jacey or Max to do it.

They laugh at me, but they do it anyways.
I cast it about 8 feet from the dock. -not that far, but whatever-.
We sit there for a while, just waiting for us to catch something when Max's line goes crazy.

He brings it in as fast as he can and as it gets closer I could see the shadow, which was huge! Once he finally gets it up it had to be at least 20 inches.

"Holy crap! Get the net!" Max cheers happily.
I get the large net that I thought would not be needed and put it under the fish as Max brings the pole down so the fish is sitting in it.

"Ok. Now bring it over the dock." He instructs for me.
I do as he says and he holds the fish up by it's mouth.
"Picture time!" Jacey says and takes her phone out.
She takes a picture of Max and the large fish.

"Are you going to keep it or throw it back?" I ask.
"I think I will measure it and weigh it, than throw it back." I nod my head as he sets it in one of the baskets that hang off the dock into the water.

"Hey! I think I got one." I cheer. I bring it in and bring it up to find a sunfish maybe 7 inches.

"OH MY GOD A FISH!!" I yell.
Max laughs at me and shakes his head.

"Oh you think this is funny?" I ask.
I bring the pole close to his face and the fish flips around just in time so it hits him in the face with its tailfin, whatever you want to call it.
I burst out laughing as he takes it off and throws it in the water.

"You. Should have seen. your. face!' I say between laughs.
Jacey and I laughed at Max.
He only shakes his head and chuckles at us as he grabs his large fish and brings it up to the house to measure and Weigh it.

*