f i f t e e n

EDITED
Megan's p.o.v

-

We have to go to school tomorrow.

I'm dreading it to be honest.

Jacey and I have a few classes together and I actually got a few messages from girls at my school saying we were in the same class.

It's really weird to have people texting me like we've been best friends when three months ago they were glaring at me and making rude comments every day.

I texted Jacey goodnight then plug in my phone.

It took me a while to get to sleep because I was really nervous about what tomorrow will bring.

***

When my alarm went off I did something I have never done since I was in kindergarten or younger.

I don't hit snooze. I turned my alarm off and got up on time.

I changed into a floral mini skirt that ended just above my knees, and a White crop top. I still have some visible scars that I know will stay there forever. I put some makeup on them and slipped on a few bracelets.

I check the temperature on my phone and see it is going to be a little chilly.

I go back to my closet and grabbed my tan cardigan that ended at the hem of my skirt.

I slipped on my tan heals that matched the cardigan and go back to the bathroom to do my hair and makeup.

I look in the mirror that Jacey picked out for me, she did good.

After I was finished I go downstairs, eat breakfast, and go back upstairs to brush my teeth and grab my bag.

When I came back downstairs my mom was sitting at the island with some coffee.

"Good morning Mom!! Have a great day!" I hug her and go out the door without her answering.

I couldn't blame her, I would be surprised too if I were her. I don't even know what made me excited in that moment.

I stood at my bus stop for only a few seconds till it came around the corner.

Max and a few of his friends are on the same bus. He made friends really fast somehow.

I got on and made instant eye contact with Max. He smiled at me but I look at the ground and sit in an empty seat away from them.

***

I held my books close to my chest, I walked to English Late. My stupid locker was jammed of course. I turned a corner and jump, I hide behind the wall and glance back at the two people.

There was a small figure that was on the ground, A larger Figure was punching the other.

I squint my eyes.

Sidney?!?

"Kaden please! Please stop!" She sobs out.

He bends down and laughs at her. He must be one of her new boyfriends.

What do I do?!? Sidney was the one who gave me so much pain in the past. But I need to be a bigger, or a good person, Right?

He was going to hit her again when I found my voice yelling, "Stop it!!!"

He stood up straight and looks down the halls.

"Who's there?" He asks.

"Who do you think?" I call out from behind the wall.

He chuckles. I hade enough of his games for the two minutes I've been standing here.

I drop my books and walk over, I grab his wrist and do something I learned from Max this summer, you know before everything went to shit.

Kaden was on his back groaning and trying to catch his breath. I bend down next to him and look him in the eyes.

"Now, Go. To class." His eyes widen and he scurried to get up and run down the hall.

I stood up and put my hand out for Sidney to take. She hesitantly takes it and I help her up.

We stay silent for a while till I finally spoke up, "Look Sidney, I hate fighting with you. I don't know what I did to you exactly, but can we please put all that behind us? Even if we can't be friends, I totally understand."

She stays quiet, as if she was thinking through what I said to her. She looks up from my feet and makes a sudden movement towards me.

Her arms were wrapped around me in seconds, hugging me tightly. "I am so sorry Megan! I feel awful! I was such a bitch a-and I'm sorry."

I was actually in shock. Sidney was apologizing to me? This is going to be one odd year.

We walk to our classroom, which is the same. The teacher asks where we were, but I cover for Sidney.

"Sorry, I got us a little lost, I was thinking room 204, when it's really 104." she didn't seem to believe me, but she still told us to take a seat.

We sit down and Sidney smiles over at me. This might be a bit better than my other years.

---------

This will be the last chapter!!

I don't think I can really add on to this soooooo.

😁 I hope you liked my story though!! And thank you for reading!!

Byyyyeeeee!!!!!! 👋

UPDATE:

HAHAHAH no this is not the last chapter. I've rewritten everything and now I'm going to make it a little longer!