t w e l v e

EDITED

Megan's p.o.v

-

I take out a granola bar from my bag and eat it slowly. I am really lucky I brought a box of them in my bag. I'm not to sure how long I have been gone.

But I do know that I miss Max. I hope he isn't to worried about me. I guess you can say I am fine.

I have been walking forever It feels like. But I did count the nights I have been here and that has been four. There was the first night when I was almost killed by bears, the second I almost died of dehydration, the third was hunger, but than I remembered the Granola bars, and last night was better.

You would think I would be out of the stupid trees by now, but nope. I can't see anything but trees. It's only a mater of time I fall off the face of the earth.

Maybe I will find some kind of road ahead. I freeze in my tracks as I hear something. Oh my god! An Airplane! It's an Airplane!

I Look up and find a tree with many branches and try to climb it for them to have a better chance of seeing me. The branches we a bit wet but I climb higher. The helecopter was getting closer and closer.

I look up where I was almost there, to see the helecopter fly right by. NO! The wind makes the trees sway a bit including the one I was in.

My fingers slip from the wet branch making me fall. I started falling backwards when I stopped for a few seconds. My ankle got stuck between two branches. I feel a sting in my ankle as it breaks and I keep falling.

I hit by back on a large tree branch than roll off. Landing on the ground with  a thud onto my stomach. I groan as I try to stand. But my ankle gives out as soon as I put weigh on it. I wince in pain and grab my left ankle.

I take my shoe off I find it already swollen and black and blue. Lets just say it's broken for sure. I grab some things from my bag and wrap one of my extra T-shirts around my ankle and foot.

I make sure to tie it tight enough. I stand back up and lean on a tree. going from one tree to another as I keep walking. A part of me is happy I left, but the other part says I am an idiot for everything.

I Dont know, I guess I just feel free when out in the wilderness on my own. but now I have a broke bone, and starving. I need help.

Max's p.o.v

I couldn't take it. When I called Megan's mom and she said Megan wasn't there I freaked out more. I told her mom everything.

She started to panic. I had to put up signs. I just had to! So now everywhere I walk I can see signs of megan with the words MISSING above the picture.

Her mom and I brought together $12,000 for the reward. I hope that is enough for people to want to help find her. We had some helecopters go out into the forest to look for her. But they couldn't find her. The forest streches for miles and miles and they tried to look over it all.

Thats when I volunteered. And now I am sitting in a helecopter, landing in the forest. About to get off with nothing but a backpack and a walky talky.

I am with a few other guys, who only want to reward. But they are still helping. They are also friends of Jane's, I should be very suspicious. But I am to worried sick about Megan to care about anything right now.

I start walking deeper into the forest as the helecopter lifts off. 'can you hear me?' the guy from the station asks.

'Yeah' I answer.

'Ok, just remeber, if you find her. Let us know and we will get you help.' he says.

'yeah' I was zoning out as I walked on the side of a stream.

There was a large rock on the right side on the stream, and I was on the left.

I kept looking behind me, and in front of me, and to my left and right in case Megan comes out. I have this feeling that I am going to find her, that she is in here somewhere.

I don't now how, I can just feel it. I think that is a sign that she is out here and that I will find her. I just have to never give up, and-.

I hear a rustle of leaves. 'ow!' Someone calls out. Right now I was seperated from the other guys. I forget their names. It must have been one of the moments I was daydreaming about getting Megan back.

'Uh, Guys?' I whisper. I hear more ristling as it goes of into the distance. A bear? I don't know, but I will find out soon. It was on the other side of the river, So I keep walking till I find a few rocks sticking out of the rushing water.

I jump across each of them than keep walking the same way I was going, just on the right side. I stop when there is some ripped red cloth sitting by a tree. Not from a bear.

Megan? Maybe? I was frozen as I held the cloth in my hand. I guess I never thought I would be this close to her again? But why would her clothes be ripped?

She can't be hurt can she? She is strong. But what if an animal got to her first?

No.

I can't be thinking this. I am too close to her now to just give up.

I clench the clothing tighter and put it in my bag. I keep walking straight. I am determined to get to her and I will not stop till she is in front of me.

-

-

Will he find her? I will update at least by tomorrow, or thursday! :)