Green Lake

===Henry===

Emcee: "Ladies and gentlemen of the Green Lake Comedy Club here in beautiful Green Lake, Thurston County, Washington, please welcome your favorite: Henry Garvey!"

I swaggered onto that stage as the night crowd of my small town stood up and cheered. I love this town. We all have almost the same views on everything, and they accept everyone. When I came out, they celebrated my courage and mental strength.

Hi. My name is Henry Garvey, and I am 25 years old. I have blonde hair, green eyes, and those nerdy glasses with the thick black rim.

Green Lake is a town built on philosophy, cooperation, community... and recycled material. We were founded in 1969 by environmentalists, which is where the name "'Green' Lake" came from. We are all close knit, and although there's the occasional problem, this town is a real place to call home.

Of course, I'm not the only comedian here. I am the 12th act tonight, and I run the Green Lake Comedy Academy. In fact, I used to have a rival here, Edward Jacobs, but I think he moved to Wyoming or something.

When I finished my act the owner of the club, my mom, Jane, told me to stay on stage for an important announcement.

"Henry," she said. "You've been this town greatest comedian since you were 10 years old. So, with help and encouragement from the townspeople, we have have sent a recording of one of your acts to Olympia."

"Why?"

"Because we have nominated you to represent Washington..."

"No way."

"...in the USA Comedy Contest."

Wondering what that is? Read the flyer on the next page.