imagine 11 ; concert

a/n in honor to the manchester event. again, this event has been on my mind since it happened. i just cry when i think about it.

You and Amy were going to a (favorite singer) concert and boy you were excited. This was the first concert you were going to with Amy. She was excited too, she knew how much you loved their music.

Both of you were wearing merch, and were ready to go. You made a checklist and made sure you were able to go before saying bye to everyone that was still stuck working. It was already 21:00, Kathryn finished early and left Ethan and Mark to finish their part. She would have came with you, but she was "too tired". She actually wanted you and Amy to have a date by yourselves, since the last one you had by yourselves was half a year ago. You didn't mind though, dates for you were cuddling while watching movies and staying up late. You were easy to please, as long as there was food and/or cuddling.

You two were already in Amy's car, she wanted to drive to let you save up your energy for the concert. You were planning on staying there till the very end, which would have been around 02:00. Mark gave you both permission to go out, same reason as Kathryn's. The arena was a bit far away, but you made it in time and got to your seats. They were pretty popular, so you had to order tickets online two months ago, in order to get a good spot. The VIP tickets were already sold out, but you didn't mind since you already met them. They were super nice to you and gave you like, five hugs.

Once the concert started, you were on the verge of tears. They sung so beautifully, and they honestly looked drop-dead gorgeous. Amy was laughing at your crying self, but she did share the same thoughts as you.

The concert was amazing, them sometimes turning the mic to the crowd to sing. Amy and you both sang along to the lyrics, since you knew most of them. Once they walked off stage, both of you started gathering your things and making your way to the exit. Suddenly, you heard something similar to an explosion. You instantly became worried and looked over to Amy, she was looking down at something. It was her hand, a piece of the bomb flew all the way to you two and managed to hit her hand. Before you could react, the singer's mother pulled you two backstage, since no one knew what was happening. People were screaming and crying, some were helping the people that got hurt, it was all too much for you to take in.

The singers mom took around 40 more people to the backstage, and the police took care of you from there. You were really worried for Amy, but she said she was fine. It did hurt, but she could bear it. The paramedics already got there and helped Amy's hand. They made sure you weren't hurt and let you two go. You of course, hugged Amy for a while and made your way to your car. You ended up getting back home at around 4am, you last track of time. Amy's hand fully cured and everything was back to normal after that. But you still would always remember that day. The 22nd of May.

The supposed best day of your life, which has turned into one of the worst. Twenty two people lost lives in that arena, and fifty nine got hurt.

May all lost souls rest peacefully.

...it took me a lot of strength not to cry while writing this, god. i love ariana with all of my heart, this was not a good day for arianators. i love you all, stay safe.