Chapter 1: Meet Luke

"Hey Claire." Luke said. I slammed my locker shut and turned to look at him. Luke was the definition of cocky. The definition of a bad boy. The definition that suited him best was "The type of boy Claire did NOT want." and I was his next victim. But I can assure you that he will not take my innocence away, I will not fall into that death trap. He's a devil sent to me from hell, a devil that tricks girls into thinking he's a good guy. But as soon as he takes them to his room, they're finished, no going back. I'm Claire Fisher, the girl who gets the good grades and has the good friends, not the douche-bag friends that Luke has.

"What do you want, Luke?" I said glaring at him noticing the glares of envy coming my way. I dont get how those girls could be so stupid. I remember when we used to be friends, but that was until middle school, when he started to get a 'reputation'. He stopped talking to me, and I stopped talking to him. Trying to trick me means he got his head in the clouds. You see a good guy, would give you anything he has, but Luke, he was a different story. He'll leave you crying with your heart in the dirt. His lips are dripping with honey, but if you fall, he'll sting you painfully like a bee. The others have to open their eyes, he's bad news. They will not get a fairy tale ending or a 'happy ever after'.

"Well, I'm here for you princess." I sent him a glare.

"So, you ignore me in middle school and just decided to start talking to me in the middle of eleventh grade? Totally make sense..." I stated sarcastically.

"Glad you agree," He said smirking. That's another one of his talents, smirking. He should get an award for it, "So how about you and I hang out later, it will be fun." He stated more than questioned.

"Luke, just because you are the star athlete doesn't mean you have all the girls swooning at your feet." I organized my books and started walking away. However, I wasn't lucky enough of getting out. Luke grabbed my wrist and spun me around so I was against his chest.

"Those curves will be all mine soon, don't worry. See you tonight."

"Well, I don't know if anybody ever told you this before, but you're not fooling me." I whispered.

"That's what they all say, princess."

"Can you not call me that. Its really getting me annoyed."

"That's why I call you it, princess."

"You know, getting a girl annoyed is like poking a bear with a stick."

"I'll take my chances." And with that, he let go and winked. I gave him a glare and walked away. How is it even possible to be that annoying. Its stupid if he thinks I'll me another level of his games.

***

"So, let me get this straight." Jade said, "Luke, the hot, super-star athlete, the player with all the girls, and a reputation, practically asked you out, and you are totally against it?"

"Yes, Jade, sometimes I think you have the memory span of a fish."

"So... Luke... the player-"

"Yes! Jade! How many times do I have to repeat myself?"

"Sorry, it's just hard to let it sink in. You know because Luke is... well... Luke" She glanced up at me and winked. Okay like really, what is with this whole winking think? Is it the new 'thing' this year? I already knew why Luke was talking to me. Just another girl to have fun with. But me, I'm no cheerleader, I am a athletic girl who always as a book in her hand. Sure I have muscle-tone and curves, a great personality and am funny with lots of friends, but I didn't want a boyfriend. I didn't need distractions, I just needed to focus on my grades so I can go to college and have a family.