Chapter 7: Meeting on 2 Fronts

"What were were smiling about yesterday? I saw you before I passed out..." Jade questioned. It took me awhile to remember but when I did I smiled, only earning another glare from Jade.

"Nothing, just got a text." I smiled at her innocently. She doesn't need to know. It's not like I know everything about her life. Something's are meant to be private. This being one of them.

"What ever you say. So the plan is, we are going to the mall. I want some new clothes for Spring. Then we are eating at the food court and getting some new shoes!" I jumped up and down excitedly. We go up stairs to change into jeans and a shirt and grab out jackets. After zipping them up and stepping into our shoes, we open the door and I send a quick text to mom saying that I am with Jade and am going to the mall. She unlocks her car door and I walk around and sit in the passenger seat. We crank up the music and drive off, singing the words from 'Thank You' by MKTO. With each red light, we get more and more annoyed, we don't feel like having to walk around a crowded mall. At least in the morning it's less empty. We pull up in the mall parking lot fifteen minutes later and step out of the car, greeted by the cool breeze. Jade locks the door and we start walking towards the door to enter. We will probably do what we always do, walk around until something catches our eye in the window. Hopefully, this little trip to the mall won't turn into chaos. We enter a few clothing stores, one being Forever XXI for almost twenty minutes. We enter the food court and order pizza and chicken parm. We take a seat and begin sinking our teeth into the delicious, mouth watering food.

"So, you going to tell me about a certain text?" Jade asks winking. I roll my eyes and wipe my mouth.

"It was just a good night text, no biggie. It doesn't take long to write a three worded sentence..." I say. She smiles with victory but apparently I didn't give her the best answer.

"Ooo, a three wordie. Let me guess, Riley, You parents, Luke-" I blush at the last name. She noticed because she stopped guessing and squealed.

"Ow! Jade, what the hell is your problem?!" I shout rubbing my ears.

"Luke sent you a goodbye text! That is so freaking cute! That- EH!" She has her eyes pinned behind me and I ask her what happened, not trusting to turn around.

"Prince Charming, 2 o'clock..." She waves him over, me still clue-less as to who shes talking about. When the mystery person is behind me, they cover my eyes and whisper in my ear, "Guess who?"

"Who?"

"Oh c'mon princess..." the person whispers in a deep voice. No, it can't be. How did he find me here? Do I have a tracking device on my clothes?

Luke.

"Luke what are you doing here?" I turn around and glare showing disapproval. Could he get any more stalker-ish. I know he wants me to be one of his new beaten levels, but this is not the way to do it. The way to get a girl is to be caring, protective, to laugh at her jokes, to call her, to give her nicknames, to send her goodnight/good morning texts...

Well, two are wasted. Not much more left, "How did you find me?"

"Well, I went to your house to see if you wanted to hangout but your mom opened the door. When I asked if you were home, she said no, that you were at this b.s mall." He said glancing around, "and here you are." Okay, guess me and my mom are going to have to talk about this little thing called privacy. Unlike other girls, I dont like to be surrounded by idiotic boys who want to sleep with me.

Fine, I did it once, but that was completely against my will. I was asleep! It's not like a woke up smiling and tracing his abs and rubbing his arms. That's for the cheerleaders to do, not me.

"Okay, so what do you plan to do here now?" I ask curiously.

"What else? Buy you some shoes..." He says smiling. Jade whispers something in his ear and he nodds. Oh god, what now?

"Actually, I don't care about boys spending all there money on me." He smiles at me and nods. He looks at Jade and mouths 'thank you' and now I am even more curious, "Okay, what are you two talking about?" I ask.

"Nothiiing!" Jade says smiling at me. I raise an eyebrow at her and she smirks. She obviously spilt a secret. That's when I notice Luke hardening his gaze behind me. His jaw pops out a bit and he starts redding. I feel a pair of arms envelop me and I feel a kiss on my cheek.

You can't be serious.

Guess I just met on two fronts in the food court...

Riley.

"Hey, Claire. Remember our little date yesterday?" Riley asks me from behind, keeping his arms around me, "And remember when you agreed to do it again sometime? How about we go on that date now?" He asks me.

"Okay, what is your peoples problem? You and Luke apparently hate each other and now you find me. How exactly?"

"Oh, we hate each other for many reasons. One being he stole my girlfriend and then dumping her off at his little 'pit-stop' in his little fairy-tale called "Be Ready For Your Heart To Break."" He smirks at the now red faced Luke.

"So know I have two guys who want me. One who is my friend and the other who is a player? I am not the last cookie on a plate! I didn't sign up for this crap!" I yell at them both, earning a few curious glances from other people.

"Your right, Claire. I better get going anyway, won't want to encourage myself to break your heart like Riley says I do." Luke says standing up. He throws his coat on and walks by me and shoves Riley with his shoulder. I call out his name, telling him I'm sorry, but he doesn't turn around once.

"Take me home, Riley. C'mon Jade." I say frowning. I hate drama, and I hate competition.

"But, I just-" He objects, with me cutting him off.

"I said take me home. Dont push it Riley." I say and start walking towards the door. Us three make it to the car and we jump in, driving off in silence.

***

"I'm sorry about today, Claire. It was just supposed to be a fun day, with only us two girls." Jade said, with us sitting down on the couch in my own house, "I'm sure Luke just wanted to hang out. Its not like he caused all the trouble. In fact, he took it and didn't even object. He knows what he is and maybe wants to change. He just got up and practically said sorry."

"I know, its just annoying how them two had to start something. Even more annoying that my mom told them where we were." I say sighing.

"Im sure she meant well." She said patting my back, "And if you two do start dating, and he hurts you, I personally will kick his ass after writing 'I am a dick, and I know it' on his forhead when he's sleeping and make him go to school that morning like that. No one messes with my unbiological sis except for me, and me only." She says smiling.

"Well he seemed pretty mad about the fact that Riley brought up the dating thing. I'll try talking to him later."

"Okie Dokie. Whatcha want to do though now? Movie? TV? Go for a walk? Ice Cream-"

"How about a walk to the ice cream place?" I ask, with a huge smile plastered on my face.

"I was thinking we would watch that show Ridiculousness but oh well..." Jade says and grabs her keys, "You coming?" With this I jump off the couch and follow her out the door after slipping on my boots. We jump in the car and drive off and get onto the highway.

"Im in the mood for froyo... you okay with that Clairey?" Jade askes.

"Yup," I say and turn on the music. She goes to turn while checking the mirror, and thats when I see a car swerving out in front of us, coming out of the bar parking lot. No!

"JADE, LOOK OUT!" I scream and we make contact with the drunk driver.

Everything goes black.