Chapter 6: I Don't Like Him...

Picture of Claire on the side ---->

"So about Luke, apparently he wasn't to happy about you going out..." Jade says over the phone. I don't even know why she bothered telling me this. I don't care. We aren't dating. Luke doesn't have a say in who I date. He has his friends and I have mine.

"I don't care, Luke and I aren't a 'thing' so he can't be mad. I don't care if he's jealous or just in a crappy mood. He's a hypocrite, I never told him who not to date so he can't tell me who to or not to date." I said getting angry. Riley is okay. He's a good person and is not like Luke. He's had girlfriends, okay, but has not dated more than half the grade.

"I'm telling you, I think he li-" Jade says, with me cutting her off in an annoyed tone.

"Don't you dare say he likes me. We were good friends until middle school. He started ignoring me and always has and stopped ignoring me now. He can't just think I will start liking him again. If he's annoyed, he better suck it up and put big boy pants on." I say, "Besides, it was one date. It's not Riley and I are a couple."

"Did he kiss you? Riley I mean..."

"On the cheek yeah, on the lips no." I said blushing. I am the only girl who hasn't had her first kiss yet. Pretty lame but I ignore the fact. I want it to be perfect, with the ocean playing in the background after a dance under the stars with a picnic and chocolate strawberries. I am a huge romantic and everybody knows it. It's a test to all the boys to see if they can deal with it and do what I like.

"Still waiting..." Jade questioned, almost like she was reading my thoughts.

"Yup!" I said popping the 'p'. I don't care if it will take awhile. I want it to be perfect. Even a kiss in the rain is romantic to me. The idea of the rain drops falling around us while we are wrapped in each others arms.

"Anyway... want to come over? Its a Friday and I know how much you like movie night!" She exclaimed and I can hear the begging in her voice.

"Sure, when? I might take a few minutes to get there though..."

"How long is a few minutes?" Jade asked.

"Four maybe five."

"Then get here in Five minutes. Four to get changed, and one to get over here. I'm bored and really want to watch this new movie on this website I found. It's called Divergent. Theo James is so hot and Shailene Woodley is so pretty. I wish I was 29 so I can date him..." Jade sighed. She's literally like this every time a movie comes out. Picking out what actors were the cutest and what age she would want to magically become, "Its about two hours and twenty minutes so we would go to bed at about twelve in the morning because we would play games and stuf-" She said going no further already knowing what games.

Truth.

"No Jade, are you serious! I hate that game, you always pick the most embarrassing question which you leave me no choice but to answer. It's really annoying."

"Oh well, Clairy Fairy."

"Don't call me that." I said getting mad.

"Someone's on their period... Okay just get here in five minutes. Bye!" She squealed.

"Bye..." I hung up and quickly changed out of my fancy clothes and changed into sweatpants and a crop top. Its slutty but so comfortable. Besides, we always dress like this when we are inside, never in public though. I rush out side and start the car and drive out. I pull into her driveway with her sitting out side on her front steps with a ski jacket on. I run up and we go inside and throw our jackets on the couch. I said hello to her parents and we walked up to her room. It was three blue walls with one wall the color as a sunset. It was so pretty. Then she had a chandelier with white crystals and a full body mirror. She had a makeup cabinet inside the mirror and a huge walk-in closet. Alongside that, she had a flat screen TV with shelve after shelve of picture frames with either her and me, her and her family, a scenery, or her and her not-yet-official-but-soon-to-be boyfriend.

"Okay, which first? Truth or movie?..." She asked, "You know what, we are doing Truth first. If we watch the movie, I will forget and you will leave knowing you have won." I gasp and she laughs. She know me so well, that's exactly what I would do. But I would probably skip out of her house singing Hallelujah that they sang on 'Shrek' and laugh in her face about it and sprint into my car so she wouldn't begin.

"Fine, begin..." I said throwing popcorn in my mouth.

"Okay, question number uno. What do you look for in boys? At least three..." Jade asked looking curious.

"Lets see... Well his personality. His eyes. And his... I don't know... His smile, I guess." I said smiling.

"What kind of personality? What about looks?"

"Has to be romantic, obviously, funny, and protective. And looks are for desperate's. Shrek was ugly, but he still found someone. Your turn!" I scream, "What was your most embarrassing moment?"

"Ugh! This one is so hard... Oh I got one, but not totally embarrassing. You'd probably think its funny and was no big deal. Okay, when I was coming out of the shower, I covered myself with a towel and walked into my room. I had no idea Noah was in there and when I opened the door I jumped and almost let my towel fall to the floor. He almost caught my top half, but seeing how I got scared, he looked down and laughed to himself. I pulled the towel back around me and sat down next to him. But, I fell asleep on him that night after watching a movie and I slept with him. Nothing happened, don't worry! I still have my card..." I laughed at her last comment, "You know what, I don't want to play this anymore, let's just watch the movie." She said, watching me laugh at her story. It was so cute how embarrassed she got sometimes. Noah was her almost-boyfriend that took at least a quarter of those pictures. He had dark brown, short hair and some light brown highlights that showed in the sun, along with green eyes the color of summer grass. He was cute and the perfect type of boy for Jade. We got up and went into the living room to grab her computer and came back and sat on her bed. She pulled up the website and clicked 'Play'.

***

After the movie, I changed into some of my pj's I kept over here just in case. I love it here, so peaceful and quiet. I pulled the bed out of the couch and fixed the blankets and got a pillow. Jade settled on the couch and switched off the light that was settled on the table.

"Claire?" She whispered

"Hmm?" I muttered

"Who would you rather date? Riley or Luke?"

"...Um, Riley, I guess."

"You hesitated" She laughed. I guess I did hesitate, "You and Luke would be so cute together..."

"You're just tired, go to sleep. Good night." I whispered and slipped into sleep only to be woken up by a text message. From Luke.

'Good Night, Princess.' After reading the text, I closed it and smiled.