Chapter 10: Visiting Hours

I let the tears come out, and just sit there, with my head in my hands and let it all out. I don't get him, I don't get people. It's like everything he does is a riddle and it's not fair. Once a solve one portion, there's always another stage. I pick up the phone, with nothing else other to do, and call Jade. She's probably going to be gushing over his sweetness about buying the dress and completely forget the rest. The music plays as I call and after a few seconds, she picks up.

"Claire? You there?" She questions because of me not saying anything. Just listening to the other end of the phone line. On the other side where everything is happy and unicorns are flying everywhere on pink clouds that are raining candy.

"Yeah," I said with my voice cracking at the end.

"You sound like you have been crying!" She shrieks.

"No shit." I say with no humor behind it. Lets just say, when I am upset, along comes the rude sarcasm and the angry personality. When this happens, its like stepping into the dungeon of hell. Not pretty...

"Well, someones on their period," Jade says laughing, lighting some of the mood, "What happened? Which boy?" She asks. She knows me so well. Lately, it's been only because of them. Everything is because of them. My problems, my mood.

"Okay, One, that isn't funny. And two, Luke. He bought me a dress." I say still weak.

"And what is wrong with that?" She asks not getting the point. Maybe I am on my period, because it doesn't seem like a very big deal. But it is.

"I think he did it to woo me over. And I have a boyfriend-"

"The boyfriend who didn't come and visit you in the hospital..." Jade corrects.

"Funny, you two said the same thing. And when I brought Riley up, he let it all out on me. Saying that I need to open my eyes, almost like I was delusional. But, he was practically telling me to stop dating him. To me that was completely unfair because when he was dating all those girls, I didn't say anything. He also got mad at me for bringing up the topic of him trying to date me and the reason because he wants another girl to fool around with and have a new 'toy'." I say letting a breath out at the end.

"Why would you think that? How much even was this dress?" Jade questions.

"I think that because all of a sudden he comes and starts talking to me and wanting to spend time with me. How can I believe him if he dates more than half the grade and suddenly starts clinging to me? And the price doesn't matter..." I say back over the phone. "He is a player and I am just a football, he will toss me around over and over again and suddenly drop me and put me back in the cart of 'singles'." I finished.

"Maybe, but maybe not. But if he bought you a dress, you are doing something right. I don't think he has spent money on anyone before. Maybe you are the player, playing with his heart..." Jade says quietly, thinking.

"But, money doesn't buy love, Jade-"

"Oh no, we aren't doing these stupid moto's are we?" She asks pleadingly. I laugh. She must be the only one that can get my mood out of the mud again.

"Yeah, I mean no, but it's true. Especially for me. It feels desperate. It's more sweet if he spends all his time planning the perfect date and not just spending money. Almost like a gift made by you, you know the person spent a lot of time trying to make it right and that's the sweetest thing ever. When he holds your hand and kisses your cheek-" I say getting lost in my own little fantasy.

"Yo, Claire! Wake up, this isn't a book. Not everything is perfect, and it would be your first kiss, it would be weird . Can't believe you are the only one who hasn't kissed someone yet..." She mutters the last part, which just makes my glare at the phone.