Chapter 13: Are You Joking?

I stare at the page that I drew. Shaded and all. Creases shown and a smirk. The smirk. I haven't seen that smirk minimal times to not get it perfect. If anything, I saw it everyday. I flipped to the next page and there were his beautiful blue eyes. Again, perfect. Spot on. Eyes were always hard for me to draw, not hands, and here they are, perfectly shaped and perfectly shaded, blue, eyes. I quickly slammed the book shut and dashed up the stairs. I opened my door and slammed it shut behind me, ripping out the drawings and hiding them in the very back of my closet, under some boxes. What the hell is my problem? This isn't supposed to be happening. I step out of the closet and the bedroom door whips open, showing a panting Jade. I am sat on the bed smiling innocently.

"Where are they?" She pants.

"Where are what?" I say ignorantly. No, she will not look at them any longer. Heck, I don't even want to look at the beautiful drawing of his crystal, blue eyes and handsome- No, no, no, no, not playing this game that I admire all his features. Nope, not happening.

"Claire-"

"Jaaadde..." I mimic her tone. I laugh and she stares at me. I stare back and stare until she breaks eye contact.

"Where are the drawings of Luke?" Jade pushes. I  roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest, standing up on my feet.

"How do you know they were of Luke? They could've been anybody with blue eyes and all the boys in our grade smirks. We are in eleventh grade, of course all the boys are going to be cocky and smirk. Its what always happens. All the boys-"

"I know because, one, you are beginning to ramble on and on. And two, if they weren't Luke, you wouldn't of went on a man hunt on where to throw them and I wouldn't of heard things being moved from down stairs." She states. I hate when she begins listing. I hate when she uses things against me, and I hate when she wants to pull out information out of me.

"I was not rambling!"

"Was, too!"

"Was not!" I shout. I sit back on my bed and lay on my back.

"Then who was it? Because if it wasn't Luke then who would it be? Riley has green eyes and I know you wouldn't draw him because I could tell you are mad at him. Who is it?"

"Oh, that new student... S-sa...Samuel Ma...son? You know, phh, that kid-" I ramble trying to make up a name. Okay, maybe it was Luke but what does it matter?

"It was Luke wasn't it? Claire, there is no kid named Samuel Mason in our grade."

"Maybe there is. You don't know everyone?" I question more than state.

"It was Luke."

"Okay! Fine, maybe it is-"

"EVIDENCE!" Jade yells, pointing a finger at me.

"Jade, what the hell? What evidence? Evidence to what?" I question. Seriously, what possibly could be based off a drawing that could or could not of been of Luke's...features?

"Evidence that you miss him! That you like-"

"Say that I like him and you go home without a finger..." I threaten. She holds her hands up in surrender and we both laugh.

"Okay, but maybe Luke could be jealous of Riley..."

"Jealous of Riley? Luke has all the girls in the world and I am just a toy that he will play with, get bored of, then throw away. He can't possibly be jealous of Riley. Riley has nothing that screams that he is better than anybody else." I cut her off.

"Then you are stringing them along."

"How am I stringing them along?!" I shout at her.

"You are stringing them along. Okay, because you look like you are still giving Luke hope. You got mad at both of them, not just Luke. Luke started the fist fight even if Riley was rude. You showed up at Luke's house to apologize and after ran away, making him feel guilty. He's always trying to talk to you but you won't give it to him. He's giving you attention, more than Riley, and yet you are still with Riley." Jade explains. I stare at her blankly and then process everything. Is she right? She looks around the room, probably hoping to see a slip of paper somewhere, "So... if you still don't think he is jealous of Riley, we could test that theory at the party. Make you look fabulous and look like eye candy."