Chapter 18: Stupidity and Drunk Teens Will be the Death of Me

Jade is gonna be okay. Jade will be okay. Stop worrying and just eat your breakfast, Claire. Jade will be fine. Her heart is beating and she's breathing fine. She's just... still unconscious. Not to mention the burn marks everywhere. Luke still has the wood in his back and is coming over so I can help him. The only reason I'm doing this favour is because he saved me and saved me from the wood. With everything I put him through, I didn't expect him to save me, but I guess he had his reasons. Reasons I have still yet to come up with. The constant apologizing and helping me out. Saving me. I just don't now. I felt like I owed him one, that's it. No other reason.

'Yup, keep telling yourself that...' Mind 1 says. Wait, what? Am I seriously arguing with myself. Not to mention, it's not even right. Guess I have a stupid side to me aswell.

'Shut up.' I think to myself, trying to get it across to the devil in my head. Why I'm talking with myself? I dont know. Maybe it's because I cant talk to my bestfriend and I'm going out of my freaking mind. What if her line went flat again and I wasnt there and she's not in her bed anymore and Noah could be crying and what bestfriend isn't there when her friend dies in the hospital when you know she's ther- I'm rambling aren't I?

"You okay there, Claire?" A voice asks and I jump, dropping my spoon in the process and the bowl of cherrios tipping over and spilling out on to the counter, "Oh, you were 'in your state of mind' weren't you?" It says again and I hear a chuckle. I hear footsteps and I go blind and all I see is darkness. Complete darkness. I scream and kick my feet and the chair tips over and I fall back with it. That's when strong arms wrap around me before I hit the wood floor. I hold my breath and wait for the stranger to introduce himself.

"Please don't kill me. I'm innocent, I swear. Unless you count the time I stole a bag of chips from the cafeteria." I plead and the person laughs, putting me back on my feet.

"Naughty, Claire. And, a bit paranoid? Don't you recognize my voice? C'mon, I thought we were closer than this." He says and then it clicks. Boy, am I stupid. How did I not realize before, he was supposed to come over.

"Sorry. Next time, tell me you are here. And, who even let you inside?" I question with a raised eye brow. He doesn't have a key, or I hope he doesn't. I'm not that cliché that I keep a key under the doormat and not to mention, we don't have a doormat. Jade has a key but she hardly uses it because she doesn't like to barge in unless it's an huge emergency and I almost know for a fact, she wouldn't give him her key. But, Jade is full of surprises. Noah doesn't have a key that I know of and that's about all of my friends that I trust enough to have a key to my house.

"Oh, you know, past girl-"

"You are completely disgusting and you took my words and twisted them in a cruel- very cruel, may I add- way. Not to mention, you knew what I meant." I say, my face going red at his bluntness, "Why am I even friends with you?" I mutter, playfully.

"Because you love me... anyway, your mom let me inside." He says in a happy tone, obviously pleased with my mom letting him inside the house. He laughs at my surprised expression that morphs into annoyance.

"Mom!" I yell, anger mixed with my voice.

"Oh, come on, he's harmful. Plus, he saved our daughter."

"Touché, but does a boy who is harmful scare your daughter when he sneaks in?"

"I didn't sneak in. Technically, you were day dreaming and I woke you up by talking." Luke corrects.

"But you scared me-"

"Okay, I came over so you can help me and we could drive to see Jade, not argue. So please?" He pleads with puppy-dog eyes that looks so ridiculous, I laugh before he breaks out- laughing with me. Here I am, laughing, with someone I thought was the enemy. Of course, he used to be my bestfriend once upon a time before he turned into a dick. And a douche. Who was obsessed with girls and cheerleaders who were snotty and the biggest sluts in town. But, I like laughing with him, it increases my mood level. Dumb I know. But, he keep secrets still, something we used to not do. Secrets. Like his drawing.