Chapter 12: Jade's Way to get Him Jealous

I spin the dial on my lock to open it for the last class of the day. I pull it open and open the locker door to enter the world inside my locker. Almost like Narnia, but, its not... I don't enter a wonderful world. Infact, I enter a world where books fill it and papers are overflowing it. Jade leans on the locker next to fine, tapping her foot and finally helping me pull out a book that was being stubborn. I have absolutely no patience today, or yesterday, or the day before that.

Everything is pissing me off. Don't ask why, because I don't even know. It's almost like when you don't like someone, and you have no reason to not like them. You just dislike them.

I kick my locker shut and lock it back up, staring at it for a few seconds and turning towards Jade.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper, looking down.

"For what?" Jade asks smiling.

"For making you miserable." I say, looking back up at her, "For filling you with my problems you don't need."

"Its okay. I have seen you through bad times and those times when you need a shoulder to cry on. Those times when you don't want anybody and those times when you are a raging bitch. It just proves that you can trust me. I don't care if you give me problems. Really, Claire." She said, patting my shoulder. We walk towards our last class of the day, avoiding Luke and sitting at the back of the class, towards the door. If he really wanted to talk to me, he would've caught me today. I meet Riley's eye a few times but look away. They need to grow up. The past is in the past. It's not like Riley never got a girl after Luke's stunt.

"Still think Luke and I would be a good couple?" I ask Jade sarcastically. She turns towards to me and smiles innocently, laughing at the end. The teacher begins the lesson and I start taking down notes. Or I try, I doodle, completely losing interest. I look up at the clock and notice there is five minutes left. I threaten in with my mind, hoping it will go faster, but instead it feels like it goes twenty times slower. I see finger snap infront of my face and turn to see Jade pointing at the ground next to me.

Pointing at a paper ball... I wonder who it's from.

I scoop it up with ease, watching the teacher carefull, making sure she doesn't notice. Just a little closer and it will be on my desk. I rip it open and read the note.

'Can I speak to you after class?' It reads from Luke. I look over at him and he looks pleadingly with his eyes. I glare at him and shake my head no. He rips out another sheet of paper from his notebook and scribbles on it. He crumples it up and tosses it over. I give him a are-you-kidding-me look and rip up the note, without looking at it. I turn back to the teacher and try to pay attention. I look back at the clock, pleading it to go faster and finally it rings and Jade and I book out of the class. We sprint to my locker and get swallowed up in the people coming out of the other classes. I quickly open my lock and throw any books I think I might need and throw the bag on my shoulder, turning around and kicking my locker shut. Next pit stop, Jades locker. We dodge people left and right and bump into a few people put make it and she spins the dial and clicks it open, practically throwing open her locker and making it slam into the person next to us. I give them a apologetic glance but Jade doesn't give them a secong thought. Obviously just trying to get us out of the school without any confrontations. She closes her locker and tosses on her bag and we run towards the door, that's when someone grabs my wrist and I practically fly backwards, only having them catch me with their muscular arms. I hear Jade mutter, "shit" and I turn to the victim.

Well, today just isn't my day. Luke, in all his glory. Just perfect. He stares into my eyes for a bit and smile. I give him a disapproving look anf ask, "What?"

"Oh, sorry, I just wanted to talk-"

"Well you should've thought of that before you had me running away crying." I bite back. A flash of hurt comes into his eyes but leaves quickly leaving nothing but a stare. He frowns and lets go of my arms. I step back and look at him.