"Let It Go." - Seventeen

-

"Look! Grandpa's in the papers!" Anthony exclaimed, showing Pippa a newspaper. He read from it, saying, "'War hero Philip Schuyler in danger of losing seat to young upstart, Aaron Burr...'"

Pippa's eyes widened as she heard the news. She turned away from Anthony, crossing her arms.

"Grandpa might lose his seat in the senate..."

"I thought he was unopposed!"

"Not according to the paper he isn't!" he scoffed.

"Go make sure the door is closed," Pippa instructed, grabbing some papers off the desk and Anthony ran towards the side of the stage, pretending to close the door.

Once he was back at her side, they both sang, "Further down, further down, see Schuyler has a challenger from New York, New York, for senator..."

"Burr!" They both exclaimed in unison.

"I gotta go, I gotta find Alexander." Pippa hurriedly grabbed the rest of the papers and started walking to the side of the stage.

"Let him know we're on his side!" Anthony agreed, following her.

She glanced over her shoulder with a worried expression on her face. "No! He'll consider this a personal slander... I have to stop a homicide..."

Anthony's eyes widened and all he said was, "Oh!"

Pippa started with, "Look around," before being joined in by Anthony. "We should look around, lets go and find your father down in New York, New York!" The two walked off stage just when Lin and Leslie went on.

"Burr!" Lin yelled, putting a finger to Leslie's chest.

Not long before I'm upstage with him, Pippa thought to herself as the rest zoomed by. Before she knew it, she had a hand on Lin's chest. "Alexander there you are!"

Lin turned towards her with a puzzled expression. "Eliza?" he asked, confused.

"You forgot your papers." She slid the papers into his hands and turned towards Leslie, smiling at him. "Mr. Burr, good sir, it's been so long." She dipped her head. "How are the Theodosia?"

Leslie shifted his gaze away from her. "As a matter of fact, my wife has taken ill..."

Eliza, being the saint that she was, said, "I'm not surprised what with the chill. You'll send her our regards?" Pippa tipped her head to the side slightly. (Putting Eliza wasn't a mistake!)

Leslie chuckled softly. "I will."

"And how's your daughter?"

"She's my pride and joy! Fluent in French and Latin!"

"So am I!" Anthony grumbled, crossing his arms.

"She's the same age as your boy," Leslie stated, smiling.

"Yeah, one day, he'll run Manhatt-" Lin exclaimed, stepping up in front of Anthony, but Pippa raised her hand up, telling him to stop. She gave Leslie an apologetic look. "We must be going, Burr, but send your girls our love."

"Nice to meet your son!"

Once again, Lin came out of no where. "We're not done, Mr. Burr, sir!"

And once again, Pippa cuts him off, grabbing his arm. "Hon..."

"If I were you, I'd stick with her, sir," Leslie stated as he turned around and walked off stage.

The song changed. It was 'Let it Go' now.

Lin whipped around to look at Pippa. "What in the hell was that?!" he yelled, his gaze trying to harden, but Pippa could see his struggle to look mad at her. She had to hide a smile.

"What in the hell are you doing downtown?! Don't you know that Burr is going to run against your father to humiliate me and try to bring us down!" Lin started walking towards his desk, running his hand through his hair as Anthony walked off stage.

"I will not let our family be embarrassed like this!" he growled, taking a seat. "I'll write in pen and paper, let the whole world know!" He grasped a quill. "You swing at my family, you better not miss! You better have another punch to throw!"

Pippa rolled her eyes at her stage husband's anger. "You could let it go," she stated simply, making her way over to Lin. "Stay alive for me. Let it go! Live to fight another day..." She ran a hand along the chair's back as she stood next to it and Lin. "People will always be critical. They'll make the personal political. They'll try to knock you off your pedestal, your pinnacle, let other people be cynical, let it go!"

Pippa smirked and put her hands on her hips when she saw a faint smile on Lin's face. "You're smiling, because you know I'm right!"

"Hah!" Lin exclaimed, standing up.

She crossed her arms and gave him a daring stare. "And you know if the president were here, he'd tell you the same thing."

And that's when Lin wrapped his hands around her waist and pulled her closer, catching Pippa completely off guard. That wasn't part of the show.

"Well, the president's not here..." Lin started leaning in to kiss her and Pippa just stood there, shocked. That's when they were interrupted by Chris.

"I heard about Burr. You didn't kill him, did you?" Chris deadpanned.

Lin and Pippa pulled apart. She wore an embarrassed smile on her face as Lin just stared at Chris. "Were you here this whole time?"

Pippa had to force herself out of her shocked stage.

"Let it go," Chris sang, circling around Lin. "Stay alive for me."

"Let it go," both Chris and Pippa sang.

"Let it slide right by!" Pippa hid the high note amazingly. Phew.

"Let it slide right by," Chris echoed.

Pippa put her hand on Lin's shoulder. "You don't have to bring a gun to a knife fight." She grabbed his hand and squeezed it gently. "It's not a case of your money, or your life, right?"

Chris patted Lin's shoulder. "You know your really oughta listen to your wife, right?"

Lin looked down, guiltily, due to the thing that had happened only a song ago. "I know..."

"So let it go..." Pippa hugged his arm reassuringly. The lights dimmed on them and then shone on Leslie. All of a sudden, Lin pulled Pippa into a passionate kiss as the audience was focused on Leslie, and couldn't see them.

Pippa eagerly responded with kissing him back and wrapping her arms around his neck. Chris had to pull them apart right before they had the spotlight again. "Let everybody know that you can take a body blow!" he sang just as the lights hit them.

Lin was getting right back on track. He pushed past Pippa, who just ran in front of him again as Chris repeated the line. "Oh, look around, look around, at how lucky we are to be alive right now!"

   They continued to repeat those lines a few times before Pippa grabbed his hand. "If somebody tries to lay you low..."

"Let it go...."

   Lin smiled at her and caressed her cheek right when the lights turned off and the song ended.

-

I wrote the last 3 chapters in a day because I have so many ideas right now and I don't want them to go to waste lol
        Thanks for reading!
                     - Danielle