"Breaks." - Thirty-Four

DATE: December 28, 2015

-

Pippa watched Lin type away on his computer, sighing softly. Sebastian was asleep on the couch, and Tobillo was curled next to Lin's feet. She placed a hand on her lover's shoulder, causing him to stop typing and look over at her. "Si, mi amor?" he asked.

   "Take a break," she said, moving her hand down to his. She gently stroked it, giving him a faint smile.

Lin arched an eyebrow and chuckled. "Pun intended?" He took her hand in his, raising it up to his lips and gently kissing her knuckles.

   Pippa smiled and shook her head. "No pun intended, sweetheart. You've been working ever since we got back from the theater. It's been 3 hours, you shouldn't work yourself too hard."

   He sighed and leaned back, knowing that she was right. "True..." Lin felt her squeeze his hand comfortingly, which made him smile.

   She cleared her throat and looked down at their hands. "Baby, there's also something else that's on my mind."

   Lin stared at her, afraid that it might be something bad. "What is it? Is the baby alright? Are you okay? Is the baby hurt?"

   Pippa couldn't help but smile at all the questions that she was asking her. Lin truly cared about her and the baby. She quickly shook her head. "No, sweetie. My parent's are coming over for New Years."

Lin's face turned pale in an instantly, as if all the blood had been drained from it. "Your parents?"

She nodded, noticing the sudden change of mood. "I've been telling them about you... You've met them once before, but it was briefly, remember?"

He bobbed his head up and down stiffly. "Do they know about us? About the baby?" Lin reached over and placed a hand on Pippa's still flat belly. She put her hand over his and shook her head. "They know about us, but not about the baby. I'm going to tell them when they're here."

Lin gently rubbed his girlfriend's belly. "How do you think that they're going to react?"

"My mom is going to be over the moon." Pippa paused, hesitating for a second. "My dad on the other hand... I'm not sure..."

"Okay, so there's a possibility that he's going to kill me, great." Lin forced a smile on his face. It's not that he didn't want to meet them- He had already done so. It's just that he was scared of what they will think of them. His parents already knew Pippa, and since they liked Vanessa but loved Pippa, they instantly were okay with Lin dating her.

   "Well... on the other hand, they'll love Tobi," Pippa pointed out, chuckling. At the mention of her name, Tobi raised her head from her paws, pricking her ears.

   Lin smiled faintly. "Yeah, they'll love the dog but hate me." She sighed softly and shook her head, grabbing his hands. "Baby, don't think like that. They'll love you, I know they will. The baby won't change that. It wasn't your fault entirely, either. They'll see that you still want to be with me, even if I'm pregnant. It'll make them like you even more."

   He thought about what she had said for a second and nodded. "I guess you're right... Like always."

   Pippa giggled and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "Yes, I know." Even though Pippa was still suffering from the betrayal of her best friend, she had learned to stop sulking and put the past behind her. She didn't want to spend all her time crying herself to sleep, so she focused on positive energy instead of negative energy. She was still hurting, but thought that the best remedy was to act happy so you could feel happy- so far it was working. Being with Lin made her genuinely happy, anyways, so it wasn't that hard.

   Pippa sighed when Lin continued working. She loved this man dearly, but he just didn't know when to stop. "Alright, seriously love, you're going to tire yourself out."

   "I have to get this plan through congress," Lin muttered, a smile tugging on the corners of his mouth. "I can't stop till I get this plan through congress."

   She rolled her eyes, but smiled nevertheless. "Alright, whatever you say, mi amor." Pippa got up from her seat and kissed Lin's temple before walking over to the couch, very gently picking Sebastian up, careful not to wake him. She didn't notice that Tobillo had gotten up as well and was trailing after her. Pippa took Sebastian into their room, and placed him on his little bed that was beside hers and Lin's. They had bought that bed a few weeks ago, but Sebby liked to sleep on the big bed instead.

Pippa sat down on the bed, now noticing that Tobi was trying to climb on. She chuckled softly to herself and leaned over, picking the small mutt up and placed her on the bed. Hopefully Lin wouldn't mind. Tobi curled up on her lap, closing her eyes. Pippa smiled and grabbed the book that was on her nightstand, planning on reading. There was a faint knock on the entrance door, but she just dismissed it, believing it was her imagination.

Little did she know that it was Jasmine who had knocked, and Lin who had opened the door.

-

Maybe Jasmine's up to no good, maybe she's not. Who knows? Find out on the next episode-- I mean chapter-- of Perfectly Imperfect!

Sorry if I made any grammatical errors, repetition or typos!

Thank you for reading!
- Danielle