"With All My Heart." - Twenty-Nine

DATE: December 23, 2015

-

   "You gotta be strong, okay Pips?" Renèe slid on her jacket before tying her hair back. "Make him regret letting you go even more."

   "Isn't that a bit... cruel?" Pippa rubbed her necklace as she watched Renèe get ready. She was already dressed and ready to go to the theater. It was going to be the first time that she'd seen both Jasmine and Lin since the little incident. "I mean, making him regret it even more... That's like taunting him..."

   Renèe stopped and turned around to face Pippa. "Pippa, wasn't what he did to you cruel?"

   She shifted her gaze away, still holding her necklace. "I guess..." Pippa's finger couldn't stop going over the carved in poem, especially the 'I'll only love you,' part. She sighed quietly, finally letting it go. "It doesn't matter, let's just go or else we'll be late..."

   "Honey, it's the evening show. Everyone's late," Renee joked, grabbing the last of her stuff. "Alright, now we can go." She grabbed Pippa's hand and basically dragged her out of the house. The two got into the car and Renee started the engine, taking off in an instant.

   They listened to some old songs on the radio, barely saying a word. Pippa didn't really want to talk. She stared out of the window the whole time, lost in her thoughts.

   Finally, the pair arrived and quickly hurried into Richard Rodgers Theatre, but not before signing a few playbills. Leslie was already there and gave them an awkward smile. "Ladies," he greeted them. He quickly cleared his throat before continuing. "Do any of you know what's been going on with Anthony? He hasn't been answering any of my texts."

   Pippa hung her head and sniffled softly. "I'll be in the dressing room," she whispered, walking past Leslie, leaving Renee to explain.

   She didn't know what to do. If even thinking about what happened between Jasmine and Lin made her tear up, who knows what might actually happen when she saw Lin and Jasmine physically. And she had to kiss him and everything... It was most definitely going to be difficult. Pippa entered her dressing room, sighing softly as she closed the door. She was about to go over to the costume area when nausea hit her all of a sudden.

   "Oh god," she mumbled as she pinched her nose bridge. It'll all be over soon, she told herself as she sat down on the small sofa in the dressing room and took a few breathers. The nausea was almost all gone when he heard Lin's voice greet Renee and Leslie. Pippa stood here, frozen. That is, until she heard a knock on the door.

   "Pippa? Can I come in?" Lin asked from the other side of the door.

   She got herself together and stood up, trying to make it seem as if she hadn't been crying for the past 2 days. "Yes," she called out to him, turning around to face the mirror. Pippa grabbed the make up on the counter just as Lin opened the door.

   They said nothing for a few seconds before Pippa let out a frustrated sigh, turning to look at Lin. "Yes?" she asked, seeming irritated.

   Lin lowered his gaze and closed his eyes. "Pippa, you don't know how incredibly sorry I am for cheating on you. It... It started out as a small kiss under the mistletoe- Actually, I wanted it to be a small kiss- and then it just snowballed... I can barely remember anything, I..."

   Pippa now had a few tears running down her cheeks. She cautiously took a step closer to him. "Why?" She finally asked him the question that had been haunting her ever since. The question that clogged her mind most of the time.

   He took a deep breath, making eye contact with Pippa and holding it. Lin had no excuse on why he did it. He didn't want to at first... "I-I don't know, Pips," he whispered, shaking his head. "I guess I just..." Lin trailed off, not really knowing what to say after that.

   She wiped away her tears and scoffed slightly. "No, it's fine," she hissed coldly, turning her back towards him again.

   Lin walked over to her, grabbing her wrist, but she quickly ripped it away, whipping around to face him. "Don't touch me!"

   He stared at her, furrowing his eyebrows. She tried pushing past him, but he quickly grabbed her arms. "Pips, listen to me!" he exclaimed as she tried to force herself out of his grasp, not exactly succeeding.

   "Let me go!" she yelled, shaking her head furiously, but Lin held on. Finally, she gave in and stopped struggling, looking up at him.

   Lin's grip softened, but he didn't let her go. He had tears in his eyes now as he spoke. "Do you remember what I told you a few months ago? I said 'I love you with all my heart.'"

   Pippa stared up at him, confused. "And?"

   "I meant every word, Pippa," he said honestly, letting her go and taking a step back. "And I still do." Lin held his hand out, hoping that she would take it.

   She stared at his hand, biting her bottom lip nervously. Pippa glanced up at his eyes and instantly melted. How could she say no? She reached out and grabbed his hand, taking a deep breath. "With all my heart," she said softly.

-

The end was inspired by the series 'Merlin,' where Gwen is enchanted and is being controlled, and Arthur awakens her by helping her remember their true love and it was so freaking cute. Except that he said, "Do you remember what you told me when I asked you to marry me? You said 'With all my heart.'" But then (SPOILERS) Arthur dies a few episodes later and Gwen rules Camelot. Okay, thanks for reading!

                             - Danielle