"Dressing Rooms." - Thirty

DATE: December 23, 2015

-

   Anthony was curled up on his couch, watching Netflix. He ignored all of the texts and calls that Oak, Daveed, and Leslie were sending him. Even Lin was texting him. Jasmine had come clean and told Anthony what had happened the night of the party. He had forced her out of his home and not responded to anyone ever since. Anthony didn't want to see Jasmine or Lin anytime soon.

He wasn't going to attend the evening show. He probably should have told the cast that, but he didn't bother. He just wasn't feeling up to it. Anthony silenced his phone, growing rather annoyed and irritated by the constant vibrations.

☀️

Jasmine crept into the dressing room that she shared with both Pippa and Renèe. She kept her head low, setting her bag down. She heard Renèe mutter a hello, but Pippa stayed quiet. Jasmine sighed quietly, walking over to the two as they did their makeup. She joined them, but instead of doing her makeup, she did her hair.

After a while of the three standing in silence, Jasmine finally spoke up. "Pippa, I'm sorry..."

Pippa inhaled sharply and stared at herself in the mirror, her jaw clenched slightly. "I know."

"I was stupid, and I was drunk. I should have never thought of Lin as more than just a friend..." Jasmine looked down at her hands, closing her eyes.

Pippa said nothing more, setting her makeup down. She was already in full costume, so she didn't need to stay any longer. She turned around and left the dressing room without saying another word.

   But what the two didn't know was that Pippa was actually going to Lin's dressing room, almost in tears.

   "I really fucked up," Jasmine whispered, looking over at Renèe who just nodded in agreement.

   "Yes, you did," Renèe muttered, but put a hand on her shoulder. "Everyone makes mistakes, Jas. But seriously, this was something big. Something that you may never end up fixing..."

Jasmine nodded and sighed in defeat. "I... I know.. God, I'm such an idiot."

   Renee purses her lips together and said nothing after that.

   Meanwhile....

   Pippa knocked on Lin's dressing room door, staring down at the ground when she heard a familiar voice say "Who is it?"

   "Pippa," she answered, relieved when the door opened only a second later. And there stood the love of her life, wearing his costume, which made him even breathtakingly more handsome. Was that even possible?

   Lin's eyebrows furrowed when he saw a tear running down her cheek. He quickly but gently pulled her inside and closed the door behind her. He wiped the tear away, now wearing a worried expression on his face. "Pippa? What happened?"

   Pippa sniffled and shook her head, looking away. "Nothing, it's just.." She sighed and covered her face with her hands. "I can't control my emotions."

   "Did someone make you cry?" Lin asked, slightly disappointed that he couldn't see her beautiful face anymore.

   She shook her head, removing her hands from her face. "No, Jasmine just..."

   "Jasmine just what?" he questioned, feeling anger slowly bubbling inside of him. "Did she hurt you?"

   "No! No, she didn't..." Pippa paused and took a deep breath. "She apologized."

   Lin's eyes widened slightly. "Oh! Oh, that's great, isn't it?" He watched her, searching for an answer. After a few seconds, he sighed softly. "How come it isn't great?"

   "I'm not ready to forgive her just yet," Pippa whispered, turning her back towards him. She felt Lin's arms wrap around her waist, which made her smile ever so slightly.

   "And why is that?" Lin nuzzled into her neck, giving her collarbone a small kiss.

   "Because she wasn't as drunk as you, babe.." She leaned back his embrace, closing her eyes. "And wasn't she the one that kissed you?"

   He nodded, sighing softly. "Yeah.."

   "It'll just take time, that's all. Forgiveness isn't given, it's won."

   Lin chuckled and turned her around, kissing her forehead. "Since when did you turn into the wise one, Pips?"

   "I've always been the wise one, you've just never notice," Pippa giggled softly, poking his nose.

   Lin smiled and shrugged. "Wanna stay here until the show starts?"

   Pippa nodded eagerly. "Of course."

-

I've had a huge writer's block oops
    Thanks for reading!
       -Danielle