Chapter 12 - A Wave of Shock

Orian Pax transformed and rolled out. She had never driven so fast before. It was late and she had to get to the transporttrain center. It was the fastest way to reach Kaon aside from transforming into an aerial mode.

She slammed the breaks down hard and skidded to a halt at the transporttrain center. She transformed back into her bipedal form. Pax bolted to the ticket booths and bought a ticket. Her vents were cycling fast in an attempt to cool her frame down. Orian managed to reach the train just in the nick of time. Her frame shook with fear and shock.

What was going on? Why would my caretaker want to bring the cast system back?!

Orian was lost in thought. She frowned and looked up. The train at this hour was abandoned. She was thankfull for that. Orian didn't think she had the strength to face another bot just yet.

Orian didn't really know D-16 but something inside her spark told her that the mech wouldn't turn her away. She would be safe with him.

A Joor later she was in Kaon. She had fallen asleep and only woken moments before the train met the station. Orian Pax was out of Iacon. She was safe... sorta. She was no longer in a rush. Her thoughts went to Ratchet.

If he's not on Cybertron then what do I do? I can't put Steelhelm or the Terror Twins in danger. I don't even know how to survive on my own. My run in with Thunderhoof's mechs was proof enough I won't make it on my own.

Orian walked out of the station. She sighed and walked in the direction of the arena. As Pax got there she noticed the gate was closed.

Damn it! Now how do I get in?

Orian looked around the Colosseum and noticed a pole attached to the wall. It traveled up the wall where there was an open window.

I think Steelhelm and Sideswipe would be proud of my ingenuity. Sunstreaker would be scolding me at being so stupid as to break into somebodies place.

Orian smirked. She was a brilliant climber. This would be a breeze. Orian walked over to the wall. Placing her hands on the metal pole, she braced her peds on the wall. She then monkey climbed up to the opening. She swung herself to the left with a jump and with a thump landed on the ground. Orian then walked the halls and went in the direction of D-16's quarters. It took about a Breem to reach his rooms.

She started banging on the door.

"D-16, PLEASE IT'S ORIAN!" Orian waited a few moments then click the door slid aside to reveal the tall minor. She looked up at his bewildered faceplate. Orian finally broke and the damn crashed. She started crying. D-16's optics widend and he walked her in closing the door behind them.

"Little spark, are you alright?" D-16 was concerned. This was the second time they had met with her in distress.

"I was just about to enter my caretaker and my quarters when I heard..." Orian stopped at the sight of another Cybertronian. Her optics flew wide open im fear. Behind D-16 stood a short stout black and purple mech with kme servo and a cannon for a arm. He had only one piercing red optic. "D-16, w-who, whose t-that?!"

D-16 frowned and turned around. He shook his helm in amusment. "This is Shockwave. He was just one of m... Megatron's commanding officers during the War for Cybertron. Whatever you heard you don't need to fear Shockwave telling another. He is a very close friend and an ally of mine. You can trust him."

Orian looked at him skeptically. "As I was about to walk in I heard a strange mech and my caretaker conversing. I-I..." Orian started crying again. D-16 sighed and picked her up holding the distressed femme close. She wrapped her arms around the large mech. "They talked about offlining Ratchet and bringing, c-cast system back!"