Chapter 18 - The Champion

"Femmes, Carrier-Mechs and Mechs."

"Today is the day of the tryouts! New contestants. On the left we have our most prized Gladiators." He paused for effect. "TARN AND KAON!!!" The crowed went wild.

"Now, I present to you, Cybertron's greatest Hero and Saviour. The conquer of the Quintessons and Zeta Prime himself! THE ONE, THE ONLY, D16!!!!!

------------------------------------------------

Megatron was bored already as he listened as the skinny aft presenter spoke. "THE ONE, THE ONLY, D16!!!" He should have expected this type of repsones from the crowd. His former designation and self was a living legend to all Cybertronians. He hadn't even told Optimus Prime when he had been just a data clerk of his past. Megatron had always been more than a simple minor or a gladiator. He had been Cybertron's savior not once not twice but three times he had saved his home world.

The first time was during his youngling years. He had done the impossible and rallied a resistance against The Quintessons sending them running back to their part of the universe like the cowards they were.

The second time was when he had just reached full adulthood. The young Prince of Cybertron, Zeta, had stolen the Matrix of Leadership from Iacons great vaults. He forced it onto his spark. Primus and the Primes rejected him. He had not been pure of spark. The pain that the Matrix inflicted on his spark had driven him mad. He was the one who had introduced the cast system. He tortured and killed thousands of innocent civilians. Going as far as to rape something so precious as a sparkling. Megatron had challenged him to single combat in front of the entire council as well as all of Cybertron to see. Megatron, rose as the victor. Cybertron freed from tyranny once again.

The third time was a desaster but it got the job done. He had removed the cast system put in place by Zeta. He and and now many others were free. The price had been high. He had lost himself to his own fears and in doing so it had driven him mad. He was luck enough that Unicron's possession of him had woken him from his madness.

Megatron knew that the madness had been his PTSD. He had suffred from it from the Quintesson war and it had only worsened the day he defeated Zeta. Losing Orion Pax had proved to be his breaking point and it sparked a chain of events that had devastated Cybertron as well as himself.

"GLADIATORS!" Megatron was snaped out of his day dream and he rose his helm to look up, at the screen. It read: The winner of this match will become the new Champion.

He grinned violently, showing of his sharp denta. Well, well, well. He was going to go easy on his old friends but now, now he was going to have some fun.

"WHAT! Seriously?! This is such slag." Megatron laughed at Tarn. He glanced at Kaon as he just slapped his comrade on the aft.

"Oh stop yer yapping. We at least get to kick our dear friend's aft for once." Kaon pointed at Megatron. Megatron only heared an unintelligible response from Tarn.

He decided to speak up. "Well it would seem that fate yet again, demes me her Champion and desires us to meet in the arena once again." He smirked and held himself high.

Tarn growled and rolled his optics.

Kaon just laughed darkly at him. "You still have a way with words friend."

The count down had begun.
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
0

The moment the screen hit 0 Megatrons sword in his right arm glided down with ease. His shield on his left transformed out. He hardend his faceplates and slid his battle mask down for beter protection. He hadn't need to use it for a long time but he wasn't stupid. He knew those two would be a hassle to beat without crippling them completely. He had no desire to slay his friends. He did have a sense of honour when in the ring.

The ran at each other. Megatron and Tarn were the first to connect. Swords slammed together and a loud CLANG reverberated around the arena. Out of the corner of his optics he saw Kaon going behind him. With such a blinding speed he knead Tarn in his interface aray and swung his shield around. Tarn was bent over in agony as the shield slapped Kaon in the faceplates. He was thrown backwards and landed on his back with a thud. He walked over to Kaon calmly and then swung his sword. He cleanly disconnected Kaons knees from his body. Tarn was now on his feet enraged.

He snould have known that Megatron never fought fair. Then again this was Megatron's proving and if he failed he wouldn't join the ranks of the Gladiators. Tarn ran at Megatron while his back was turned.

Kaon transformed his servos into guns and shot at Megatron. Megatron laughed and quickly doged to the left. Kaon's shots hit Tarn in both the faceplate but his spark chamber. The shots weren't enough to offline Tarn but they rendered him unconscious. Kaon's optics went wide as Tarn stopped dead then fell forward the ground shook as he hit it. The last thing he saw was Megatron's servo puch him.

The Crowd was screaming his designation.

"D16."

"D16

"D16."

"D16

"D16."

"D16

Megatron let his mask fall back and he smiled and waved at the crowd encouragingly. He searching for a familiar red and blue femme. He smiled gently at her once there optics made contact. Shs had a soft look of aware and wonder. Orian Pax was the only thing that matter in that moment. Her approval was worth more than that of the crowd and Cybertron combined.

He was The Champion now but he would forever be her Champion.

Hey guys what you think? I wanted to make Megatron more than he appeared. You know the saying "There's more than meets the eye" well that's what I was trying to accomplish. If it worked or not I don't know only you can tell me that.

I also wanted the ending of this chapter to sound a little romantic with Megatron and Orian. To give you guys an idea on how he feels about her. The fact that she and her approval means more to him than the addorination of the crowd would speak volumes.

Hope you like it. Until next chapter. =)