Chapter 13

I slept well, considering the absolute shit day I had yesterday. Between my dead father, the earth-moving kiss with Jade, Jade regretting said earth-moving kiss, and the fight with my mother, I'm surprised I can even function. The worst part is I'm more upset about Jade than any of the other things. One minute she's seducing me with her magnetic eyes, sexy words, and that damn smile, and the next she's pushing me away and tormenting me.

I roll over and my eyes land on the clock sitting on the nightstand. It takes a second for them to focus, but when they do ... Holy shit I slept late—it's almost noon. I've always been an up-at-seven-no-matter-what girl, but not today apparently. Groaning, I get out of the extremely comfortable bed and start getting ready for whatever Jade has planned for me. Looking over the outfits I threw in my bag during my pissed-off packing, I realize I don't have an outfit for "I have plans." I have no clue what to wear or where we're going. Instead of agonizing over it, I opt for jeans and a cute pink top. Luckily I brought my favorite pair, which hug my butt perfectly and accentuate my curves. The top that Ashton threw in is not a business top, but it's perfect for our "plans." The one shoulder gives a little sexy, but the loose fit keeps it looking casual. I have my hair in a loose ponytail with the ends curled. I throw on my white sneakers and hope for the best.

I've just sat in the chair and broke out my Kindle when I hear a knock on the door. Rushing over, I take two deep breaths, press the handle down, and open it. Jade's smiling as she leans against the wall with her legs and arms crossed. My brain ceases to form rational thoughts. The sight before me takes my breath away—she's mouthwatering. I look down at the floor, trying to hide my blush and get my mind functioning again. As she uncrosses her leg and stands straight, I can't help but think that this woman is going to be the death of me. My eyes slowly scan her body, absorbing as much detail as possible before I have to meet her eyes again. First thing I see are her dark blue track shorts, and above them a tight black shirt shows the ripples of her abs. My greedy perusal continues until I land on her face. That's when my knees buckle and I grip the doorjamb for support. Her eyes darken. The intensity of her stare causes my stomach to clench and heat to pool in my center.

She steps forward so we're toe-to-toe and I tilt my head to look at her smiling face. Her frame towers with confidence as she stands in front of me that has me parting and licking my lips. Jade's expression changes as she follows my movement. She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes, letting me know I'm affecting her as much as she's affecting me. A thrill runs through me, increasing my desperation for her lips on mine. She pushes forward. Our chests are touching, my nipples pebbling at the warmth of her body and the thoughts flooding my mind of her taking me right here, right now. Jade lifts her hands and cups my face, slowly leaning into me as we breathe each other in. She stills, our mouths almost touching, but I hold my ground. I want her to be the one to kiss me again. I need it to be her choice. I close my eyes, trying to make my intentions clear, silently begging. Please, just kiss me!

I feel her lips brush against mine before I hear, "Not yet, Perrie. But soon." Jade's voice drops even lower. "The next time there won't be any mistakes."

She takes a small step back and I open my eyes, watching as her gaze darts between my eyes and my lips, as if she's battling her own desire. I can't speak. I can barely process anything she's saying. She takes a deep breath and shakes her head. "First, we have plans, okay?"

No, it's not okay! I want her to push me down to the floor or up against the wall and take me. Damn her and all her self-control. I take a step out of her grip and respond in a breathless whisper, "Sure."

"Good. Grab your stuff. We only have it reserved for an hour. I think you'll have fun today." Her voice is now playful, refocused and excited by whatever plans she's made for us.