Chapter 16

Warning: smut (g!p)

--

We finish dinner and head through the lobby, and over to the elevator. As we wait, I consider my options. Do I invite her in? I mean, we aren't a couple. We're agreeing to stop flirting around the fact that we have some serious sexual tension. I don't know if I'm ready to sleep with her, but if she kisses like that, I can only imagine what she fucks like. I'm not even going to let myself go there. I don't really have time to make a pros and cons list, but I'm pretty sure the pros would win. I'm also quite sure that I could make anything into a pro at this point. Regardless, there are cons and the biggest one is how badly this could end for me. Sure, she doesn't want to ruin my career, but how do I know I can trust her? Look how great my track record has been. No, there's no way I'm going to sleep with her. We decided to take things slow. I need to pace myself with her or I'm going to get burned.

When the elevator door closes, all the feelings I was questioning are amplified by a thousand. I peek at Jade who appears to have the same thoughts brewing. Our eyes lock and for a moment neither one of us moves. Then, all at once, we reach for each other, colliding in a haze of lust. I couldn't give a shit about being burned—right now, I'd gladly turn to ash. Hands, teeth, lips are everywhere. Jade has me pinned against the wall as her mouth greedily devours mine. Then I feel something poking on my belly, I try to ignore it and focus on her lips, until realization hits me.

"You have a..." I trail off, shock paints my face as I look at her.

Her eyes widen and pulls back a little. "Yes... Uh, sorry." She looks down, but before she can back away completely, I pull her back to me and kiss her again. There's no finesse, no tenderness—this is primal, raw, two people desperate for each other. This kiss is weeks of flirting, toying, and resisting the urge to rip each other's clothes off. Her hands roam my body, groping, grasping, squeezing. I'm panting and moaning—I need more.

"Perrie..." She sighs heavily against my neck as I claw at her back.

"Please," I beg. "Don't stop."

I hardly get the words out and her mouth is ravishing mine. Jesus Christ! Who am I? I no longer have the ability to form rational thoughts. All I am is desire, want, lust, and I can't stop. I barely hear the ding of the elevator, but I'm definitely aware of Jade's absence.

I'm panting, staring incredulously at her as she leans on the wall opposite me. An older gentleman enters the elevator and looks at both of us with a knowing smile, clearly aware of what we were doing. Now I understand why she moved. My lips are swollen, and I can only imagine what my hair looks like after having Jade's hands tangled in it. I fix my dress and try to regain some semblance of composure. I swear I've completely lost control. The girl who wasn't going to do this? Yeah, she's gone. We're like two teenagers going at it in an elevator—well, interrupted in an elevator, but I enjoyed every second of it.

The door opens with a ding, and Jade grabs my hand and pulls me out of the elevator. Her fingers intertwine with mine as we walk through the hall toward our rooms. She lifts our hands, kissing the back of mine. The feel of her fingers brushing against me increases my need to have them everywhere. When we arrive at my door, the nerves coursing through me smother the yearning I was struggling to control. The fear of being hurt and vulnerable all over again is almost crippling.

Jade speaks first. "Look at me." She places her hand under my chin and lifts my head. "I want nothing more than to take you to bed, but I'm not going to push you." There's so much honesty in her words.

I nod, unsure of what I want. The woman who wore the corset wants her to come inside. However, my sensible and responsible side says I'm being crazy and I should take things slow. There is an angel and a devil on each shoulder and I'm not sure which one I should listen to. I'm not even sure there's a choice.