Chapter 15🌟Uncertainties🌟

❝ Time is an expensive luxury that everyone can't afford everytime. You need some 'Me' time, I respect that. But, mine is of no worth without you.

Uncertainties prevail, they're inevitable. But, it's your choice which ones you'd like to have. ❞
_____________________________

KUSH'S POV

" All this... Doesn't feel okay... " She sniffed while confessing her buried feelings. I wiped her fallen tears with my thumb.

" It sure doesn't feel wrong to me. " I replied.

A part of me chids me kissing her. It was too soon. But, Meera is so unpredictable. Tonight, she looked gorgeous and I couldn't resist myself. The gut feeling was stronger than ever. Despite the fights and uneasiness we shared, I think we connected. For what it's worth, it means something.

I realised that behind that happy and jolly face there's some intense pain. Her hair were all wet and I was drying them with the small towel which I kept in my car.

" I know you will claim all this to be normal, we can still be friends and stuff but the truth is, it isn't... Not for me at least. " She stopped, opening her eyes, still breathing heavily.

" Meera...Please... You are insulting my feelings." I interrupted her. Stopping her from saying anything further. I wasn't at all expecting to hear that. Of course, she was feeling awkward due to me but I didn't intended that at all.

I cupped her surprised yet embarrassed face in my palms.

" Meera... I don't regret whatever happened between us. It wasn't a mistake. I was true to my feelings...." I paused to let that seep in.

" I may or may not be a man of my words. But, I sure as hell am a man of my feelings..." She looked baffled, her eyes conveyed the enigma and questions bouncing in her head. Questions that I may not have the answer, yet.

" Well, I don't expect anything from you. Please forgive me coz I thought you felt the same. I'm not trying to rush with things but please don't be dejected in guilt. It makes me sad that you regret whatever happened. I respect you, a lot."

" Kush... Please drop me home I am tired. " Is all she said. I didn't know what kept her aloof but I nodded handing her the towel. Her comment just made my confession invalid.

I dropped Meera home. 'Thanks' is all she said before leaving or rather running away, not bothering a second look either. I told her what I felt and it didn't feel good but my heart left light.

I would see her red eyes. I knew there was a lot of pain and I intend to take it all. I wasn't fair with her either but I ll tell her the truth soon. She is too hiding many things.

That night when we were trapped at the University, I heard her shout and scream in her sleep. Actually, they seemed nightmares of her some hurtful past which is preventing her from opening up and I intend to find it out soon.

I want to make Meera learn how to be happy with oneself and to opening to Love herself. Perhaps she wasn't like this since the inception, something must have happened.
I saw her vanishing inside without looking back. I know neither of us are gonna have a night's sleep.

I reached home late, after loitering in a cafe. I don't know what awaits us tomorrow. Just then my cell was ringing.

" Hi Dad..... How are you? " I said. It was a relief to hear from him.

" So... My son remembers his Dad after all. I thought he must have forgotten me, coz he's making merry with his mysterious girl...." Dad doesn't fail to mock me ever.