Chapter 37🌟Deserted🌟

❝ It's mysterious how love treads in, saddles out and well sometimes just stays put.

Ah-Uh! This Matrix of Love is way more dangerous than the one Neo & Trinity found themselves in! ❞

_______________________________________________

MEERA'S POV

" He has lost a lot of blood and he's extremely critical. I advise you to call his close family members soon."

She's bullshitting me right now, correct?

I was way too paralyzed to answer her.

" Miss. You need to sign these." I was a puppet following her pointed fingers and signing a couple of pages.

She vanished. I stooped down on the couch. I saw the three things in that transparent bag. I removed the crumpled paper.

It broke me down. It was my letter. The one I had written it before leaving his condo. Any of this wasn't a good suppose to happen. I wish it were me in his place.

Aaarrghhhh...

Kush is too good for all of this.
He's too pure and I feel like filth.

I felt some vibrations on my palm. I wiped my face with the back of my hand, my vision was blurred again. It was Kush's cell phone.

Caller ID said, Tom

What am I gonna say?

I answered nevertheless. His family needs to know and they need to know now.

" Hello Sir, where am I supposed to pick you up? Did you meet Meera?"

Shit! It's a disaster.

"T-Tom... I-it's me..." I broke just saying that line.

" Meera! Where's sir? W-hat happened?"

" Please c-come to Devonport h-hospital now..."

I hung up. I covered my face just to stop myself from crying but it wasn't stopping, not until there's nothing more left to drain out.

" Meera..." I looked up to find Tom. I don't know how much time has passed and how long I was in a crouched position curled in and crying myself out.

" It's... It's... Kush... H-He..."

" I know. I've been here for 15 minutes. I shook you for almost 5 times but...." He stopped for time indefinite.

He handed me wet tissues. I wiped my face. My eyes hurt and I know they were swollen by now. For the first time, I had a clear view. Tom looked worried but he had his shit together, unlike me. Tom was family and I was glad he was here now.

But, he wasn't at fault, I was. And because of me, Kush's life is in jeopardy. I'm to blame.

" Nurse said..." I started.

" I know. I've called Samar sir and ma'am. They are on there way. Fortunately, both of them were in Singapore today for an event. They will be here in 10 hours." He informed.

I fell on my knees. My face in my palms.

" It's all on me. I'm jinxed, Tom. I should be the one in there, not Kush... "

" Meera. You've to be strong. He's gonna be alright... " I hope he will be.

" Excuse me. It's a case of an accident. We need your report." The officer came. I stood up and followed him. I wasn't at the scene when it happened so I wasn't much of help but I provided him what I knew.