Chapter 1 ~ Sam in the Middle

"Eugh, I hate that shirt!" I cringed, glancing away from him.

"You hate all my clothes," Dean grumbled from the front seat, his hands steady on the steering wheel.

"No, I don't!" I shot back then looked over at Sam in the passenger side, "Sam, do I hate all of his clothes?"

Sam sighed, "I don't want to get in the middle of this. Why do you two always put me in the middle?"

"Well, I wouldn't have to if you'd just agree with me," I told him, smiling sweetly.

Dean scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"You hush up! I'm trying to have a conversation here!" I narrowed my eyes, pointing a finger in Dean's direction.

"Sam, sweetie, don't you agree with me? I'm always right and we both know it," I shrugged, the smile still in place.

Sam sighed again and briefly glanced over at his brother.

"Fine. Parker wins," he said.

"YES! WOO!" I cheered, sticking my tongue out at Dean.

"Oh, grow up, Park." he grumbled and I just laughed as I leaned into the back seat.

Sinking down into the cushions, I sighed as the car meandered on down the road, taking us to our next destination. Taking us to find their dad. I'd grown up with Dean and Sam actually. I had been a lonely child. My dad walked out on me and my mom when I was just a baby. Up until I was about 3, it was just the two of us. 

Until mom passed away mysteriously and I got packed up to my Great-Aunt Grace's house. She was my dad's aunt and the only family I had left. But back to meeting Dean and Sam, it was at a playground near our houses and I was like 5 years old at the time. Dean was older at 9 while Sam was just a year older than me. Sam had been a quiet little boy, sitting by himself on the park bench. While Dean, on the other hand, had declared himself "King of the Playground" or was it the world?

Gosh, it's been so long I forget. But either way, he was being obnoxious. So I did the only thing a normal 5 year-old girl could do in a situation like that. I threw sand in his face. I grinned at the memory. He'd spluttered and coughed like he was dying.

It was the most hilarious thing I'd ever seen. Ever since then, we'd been arguing. Sam was sweet though and had become a very close friend. Dean, I more or less just put up with. And when I found out their dad was missing, I knew I had to help. Yes, I knew all about the "hunting" they'd done growing up.

And the true explanation of what had happened to their mom. So when their dad came up missing, I knew I had to help. They couldn't lose their dad, too. Besides, I knew if I came that I'd get to make fun of Dean more and well, how could I pass up that opportunity? With those last thoughts, I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.