Chapter 8 ~ Ghostbusting

Episode: Season 1 - Asylum Pt. 3

After racing through the asylum, I finally found the source of the scream. It was a young blonde girl, about the same age as me. She was hiding in one of the patient rooms.

"Hi," I breathed out, careful not to spook her.

Her light eyes snapped to me and I gave her a small smile that seemed to visibly relax her a bit. She mumbled a slight greeting in return.

"What are you doing here?" she asked me, her voice hoarse from screaming.

I shifted from foot-to-foot, "I, um... I'm an amateur ghostbuster, you could say,"

She snorted, flicking strands of blonde hair over her shoulder.

"Yeah, my boyfriend's like that, too. That's why we came here in the first place but..." she started before trailing off.

"But?" I pressed her.

"But I heard him scream and...and I haven't seen him since," she choked out, on the verge of tears.

Oh, great. She was going to cry. I hated the cryers.

"Yeah, yeah but where did that scream come from?" I asked, getting annoyed.

Such a pansy.

She sniffed, "What?"

I groaned loudly, "What direction did his scream come from?"

She sniffed again and pointed back down the hall.

"Great. I'll go find him and you stay here, m'kay?" I told her before slipping out the door and down the hallway.

It took an hour for me to finally reach the spot where her boyfriend was. There was evidence of a scuffle but no boyfriend. Drat, well there goes that. Hm, maybe he was further down. Fishing out my flashlight once more, I made my way down to another hallway, to a door that said 'Boiler Room'. Shrugging, I slipped inside. What harm could it do? The room was grungy and old-looking. Shelves lined the walls but there wasn't much else.

"Nothing interesting in here," I said out loud to myself just as my eyes landed on an unusual part of the wall, "Hm, what have we here?"

Squatting down, I pushed on it and it fell open as did my mouth. Before me was what looked to be a disused operating room. And something told me the operations must not have been pleasant. Why else would it be in a secret room?! Shining the light ahead of me, I stepped inside. My Converse crunched on pieces of shattered glass.

I walked over to a curtain and warily pulled it back, But there was nothing there.

"What a waste of my time." I huffed with a roll of my eyes as I turned back around.

Suddenly, someone grabbed my face and the flashlight fell from my hand. Their hands were cold on my skin - deathly cold - as I looked up into my attacker's eyes. In an instant, I knew what he was - a spirit. And an angry one at that.

"Don't be afraid. I'm going to make you all better." he told me and I cringed, trying to break free of his grip.

All of a sudden, someone knocked the ghost away, releasing me. I stepped back, my heart pounding in my chest. Sam.

"Park, are you okay?" he asked, concern lacing his voice.

I swallowed, "Yeah, I'm fine, Sammy, I'm fine,"

"Okay, well, we need to-" he started but the ghost grabbed him then.

"No!" I screamed as I tackled the ghost.

He was strong though. He grabbed a hold of our faces as we thrashed around on the floor, desperate to get free. I blacked out after that. It felt like a few minutes but I knew it must have been more when I awoke again. I was lying on the floor next to Sam. Dean lay across from us, panting while a burned up dead body sat in front of him.

"You're not gonna try to kill me, are you?" Dean asked, directing the question to me.

I shot him a wry smile, "Why? Do you deserve it?"

He rolled his eyes at me and Sam piped up, "No, of course not,"

"Good. 'Cause that would be awkward." Dean said.

Sam helped me up off the floor as Dean got up and together, we all walked out of the asylum. We bade our goodbyes to the blonde girl and a guy who I assumed was the previously missing boyfriend. I watched them as they climbed into their car.

"You know...he kind of looks like Two-Face," I said, tilting my head to the side.

Dean shot me a quizzical look, "Who?"

I let out a deep sigh, "Never mind."