Chapter 35 ~ Who Gets to Shoot Her?

Episode: Season 3 - Red Sky At Morning Pt. 1

Sam and Dean were arguing again. I guess that was pretty normal for them. But these were not entirely normal circumstances we were in as of lately. Sam had tried to make a deal with the crossroads demon to get Dean's soul back...to no avail. But as soon as Dean had found out about it, he got mad at Sam. Understandable since he wants to protect him but still, it wasn't the most enjoyable car ride of my life. I eyed both boys but they weren't speaking, each of them focusing on something else entirely so they wouldn't have to talk.

I rolled my dark eyes as we pulled up in front of a house and I followed both of them inside, pulling at the hem of my short dress.

"I hate dressing up for this!" I hissed at Dean but he just waved me off as an elderly woman let us in.

"So, Mrs. Case-" Sam started when the old woman cut him off.

"Please! MS. Case," she corrected him, her eyes roving over his tall frame.

Sam looked extremely uncomfortable about it, too. I held back a snort and I could tell Dean was trying to do the same.

"Okay, um, Ms. Case, um you were the one who found your niece, correct?" he asked, changing the subject.

"I came home, she was in the shower,"

"Drowned?"

"So the coroner says. Now you tell me. How can someone drown in a shower?" she asked the boys, arching an eyebrow.

After the boys got all the information they could from the woman, we headed back to the Impala. When we reached the docks though, Dean frowned.

"This is where we parked the car, right?" he asked Sam, gesturing to a large empty space.

" I thought so," Sam told him.

"Where's my car?" Dean questioned, his head swiveling around.

"Uh-oh," I mumbled, arching my eyebrows briefly.

"Did you feed the meter?" Sam asked.

"Yes, I fed the meter. Sam, where's my car?! Somebody stole my car?!" he shouted, beginning to pace.

"Hey, hey, calm down, Dean," Sam tried to intervene.

"I am calmed down! Somebody stole my-" he said before stopping abruptly.

Sam and I turned around to see him bent over at the waist, hyperventilating.

"Whoa, Dean. Hey, hey, hey, take it easy. Take it easy," Sam tried to calm him down as we helped him up.

"The '67 Impala? Was that yours?" a feminine voice piped up and we all turned at the sound to be met with the face of Bela.

I groaned, "Oh, just go back to fight Walkers, would you?!"

She frowned in confusion but shook it off.

"I'm sorry, I had that car towed," she shrugged nonchalantly.

"You what?!" Dean shouted, regaining regular breathing now.

"Well, it was in a tow-away zone,"

"No, it wasn't,"

"It was when I finished with it,"

"What are you even doing here?"

"A little yachting," she shrugged again and I rolled my eyes.

Gosh, this girl was annoying.

"You're Alex," Sam spoke up suddenly, "You're working with that old lady,"

"Gert's a dear old friend,"

"Yeah, right," I scoffed, crossing my arms, "What's your angle, Maggie?"

She glared at me, "Would you please stop that? It's quite annoying. And if you must know, there's no angle. There's a lot of lovely old women like Gert up and down the eastern seaboard. I sell them charms, perform séances so they can commune with their dead cats,"

"And lemme guess, it's all a con, none of it's real," Dean said.

"The comfort I provide them is very real," she sniffed before walking off, calling over her shoulder as she did, "And I'd get to that car if I were you. Before they find the arsenal in the trunk."

Silence ensued then as we watched her walk off into the distance.

"Can I shoot her?" Dean and I asked in unison.

"Not in public." Sam sighed.