Chapter 7 ~ I Heart Creepy Places

Episode: Season 1 - Asylum Pt. 2

It was run-down inside. Graffiti was plastered all over the walls while debris littered the floor.

"This place is..." I breathed out slowly, "AWESOME!"

Sam chuckled as I began to explore, in awe despite the dilapidated-ness of the building. I furrowed my eyebrows when I noticed a broken, rusted chain hanging off one of the doors. My fingers ran over it, bits of metal shaving coming off on my skin. I wiped my hand across my jean-shorts.

"Looks like the doors are usually chained," I frowned, "Could have been chained up for years,"

"Yeah, to keep people out...or to keep something in," Dean offered.

I snorted, crossing my arms over my "Not Cute, Just Psycho" tank-top.

"Sammy, is it possible to get some of these chains? Say...to wrap around Dean?" I asked, smirking over at the older brother.

He just glared daggers at me, shoving me out of the way as he walked over to the doors. Sam pushed one of them open and a cool draft of air hit us in the face.

"Let me know if you see any dead people, Haley Joel," Dean told Sam as we began to trek down the hallway.

"Dude, enough!" Sam whined and Dean just chuckled in response.

"Or let me know if you see Jerome," I piped up, thoughts of the ginger consuming my mind.

"Huh?" Sam arched an eyebrow, glancing back at me as I followed them.

"Seriously, Sammy? You know, Jerome Valeska? From Gotham?" I asked, my brown eyes widening.

His eyes were blank as he looked down at me and I sighed, letting the subject drop.

"Never mind." I shrugged, digging a tiny flashlight out of my pocket.

I clicked it on just as the boys rounded a corner, Dean laughing at another joke he made while Sam slapped him across the back of his head. While they were distracted, I wandered into one of the rooms. Time to do my own bit of exploring. The boys could handle any ghost they found. And I, of course, had always been able to take care of myself. Besides...maybe Jerome really was here...somewhere.

Paint peeled of the wall of the room and fragments of sunlight shone through one of the windows onto the scattered remnants of the old furniture. A lone wheelchair sat in the corner, a table over-turned in the middle, and an old radio was smashed to bits on the tile. Overall, it was very creepy.

"Ah, I love it in here!" I squealed, whipping my phone out to take pictures.

I must have walked into dozens of those rooms before I finally noticed the light beginning to fade outside. I cursed under my breath, clicking off my flashlight to conserve the batteries for when I'd really need them. All of a sudden, a shriek pierced the air. My head snapped to attention, seeking out where it came from. The scream came again. It was just down the hall from me.

Someone was in trouble.