Chapter 29 ~ I'll Look After You

Episode: Season 2, All Hell Breaks Loose Pt. 4

Dean filled Sam in on what he'd missed and we all headed to Bobby's then. Let's just say he was a little more than surprised to see Sam alive. Ellen showed up not long after we did. Apparently she had gotten away from the fire.

Thank goodness. I'd hated the idea of something happening to her. She helped us figure out where the demons were going, though. Apparently, there was a Devil's Trap in Wyoming that the Yellow-Eyed Demon wanted to get into. So he could open the Devil's Gates. We all went to the cemetery and closed it but it was too late.

It had already been opened, letting out all kinds of demons and monsters into the world. The four of us almost didn't make it out alive this time. While Bobby took Ellen home, Sam, Dean, and I headed back to the Impala. The man, Jake, who had stabbed Sam had let some information slip before we killed him. He'd revealed that Sam had been dead. I could see the questions all over his face - questions only Dean could answer. I didn't blame him one bit, I wanted to know just as bad as he did.

"You know, when Jake saw me it was like he saw a ghost. I mean, you heard him, Dean. He said he killed me," Sam told Dean and I held my breath, waiting for his answer as the three of us leaned against the hood of Baby.

"Glad he was wrong," Dean shrugged.

"I don't think he was, Dean. What happened? After I was stabbed?" he asked his brother.

I almost didn't think Dean would answer him but finally he spoke up.

"I already told you," he said simply

I shook my head, "Not everything,"

Dean shot me a stern glare before facing Sam, "Guys, we just killed the demon. Can we celebrate for a minute?"

Sam frowned, still staring at Dean. And I knew he wasn't gonna let this one go.

"Did I die?" he questioned in a broken voice.

"Oh, come on," Dean said, shaking his head and trying to dismiss the idea.

"Did you sell your soul for me? Like Dad did for you?" Sam asked him quietly.

My eyes widened and I looked over at him.

"Aw, come on. No!" he waved him off.

"Tell me the truth. Dean, tell me the truth," he insisted softly.

"Sam..." he trailed off, shaking his head.

I could see the tears brimming in those green eyes and without him saying a word, I knew. Sam nodded, knowing the answer too. We were all on the verge of tears at this point.

"How long you get?" I spoke up finally and Dean's eyes met my brown ones.

"One year. I got one year," he confessed quietly.

"You shouldn't have done that. How could you do that?" Sam asked, his voice breaking as his eyes filled with tears.

"Don't get mad at me. Don't you do that," Dean shook his head and I saw the pain in his eyes, "I had to. I had to look out for you. That's my job,"

"So your solution is to sacrifice yourself?" I bit out.

"And what do you think my job is?" Sam piped up, hurt.

"What?" Dean asked.

"You saved my life over and over. I mean, you sacrifice everything for me. Don't you think I'd do the same for you? You're my big brother. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you," Sam told him with tears in his brown eyes.

I couldn't help it. It just flew out of my mouth. Maybe it had been all the TV shows I'd binge-watched or maybe just all the Twinkies I'd consumed but either way it happened.

"Awwww!!!" I squealed and both the brothers rolled their eyes at me.

"And I don't care what it takes. I'm gonna get you out of this," Sam promised him, ignoring my little outburst.

"Guess we gotta save you for a change," I smirked and Dean smiled back at me.

We climbed into the Impala then, ready for a new journey. This time to save Dean.

Note: Season 3 is up next and it will focus more on Parker's storyline and won't go along the episodes as much as these past chapters have :) I hope you like it, guys!