Chapter 16 ~ Downhill From Here On Out

Episode: Season 1 - Devil's Trap

Our journey with John didn't last though. He was tricked by Meg and now she had kidnapped him. It was our job to rescue him now...somehow. Dean drove down a dirt road until we stopped at a familiar building. We walked up to the front door and as soon as it swung open, I grinned at the occupant.

"BOBBY!" I screeched joyfully, falling into his arms and he laughed, patting me on the back.

"Good to see you, too, Parker," he smiled, gently pulling away from my embrace.

I brushed past him, stepping inside the house as he greeted Dean. I turned in a circle, my eyes scanning the place. It looked just how I remembered it from coming here as a kid. Dean and Sam followed me inside. Sam sat down at the desk in the middle of the room and began to go through Bobby's treasure trove of books and papers there.

"Bobby, thanks. Thanks for everything. To tell you the truth, I wasn't sure if we should come," Dean admitted.

"Nonsense. Your daddy needs help," Bobby said.

"Yeah, but the last time we saw you, you did threaten to blast him full of buckshot. You cocked the shotgun and everything," he told him and I snorted, the memory coming back clear as day in my mind.

Especially the part where Dean ran screaming like a little girl. Or...little boy, rather, since we were kids. I grinned, shaking my head until Dean shot me a look.

"Yeah, well, what can I say? John just has that effect on people," Bobby shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess he does,"

"None of that matters now. All that matters is that you get him back,"

"Bobby, this book - I've never seen anything like it," Sam piped up suddenly and we all walked over to him.

"Key of Solomon"? It's the real deal, all right," Bobby informed him.

I walked around the desk to hover over Sam's shoulder to take a look at the book.

"And these, uh, these protective circles, they really work?" I asked, pointing to the page.

"Yeah! You get a demon in one, they're trapped. Powerless. It's like a satanic roach motel," Bobby shrugged.

"The man knows his stuff," Dean agreed.

"I'll tell you something else, too. This is some serious mess you boys are tangled up in,"

"Oh, yeah? How's that?" Sam asked him.

"Normal year, I hear of say, three demonic possessions, maybe four, tops,"

"Yeah?" Dean asked.

"This year, I heard of 27 so far. You get what I'm saying? More and more demons are walking among us. A lot more," Bobby told the three of us and we all shared a look.

"Do you know why?" I ventured the question, eyeing Bobby.

"No, but I know it's something big. The storm's coming, and you three," he said, glancing at the brothers then, "Your daddy, you are smack in the middle of it."

Meg walked in then and we trapped her in one of Bobby's devil traps in the living room. Sam exorcised her but the girl that had been possessed died anyway. Afterward, we went to find John...but he'd already been possessed too. But it was worse for him...because it was the same demon that had killed Mary. John tried to break free of the possession and he begged us to kill him but we wouldn't do it. He mean too much to us for that.

Eventually, it left him, though. But Dean and I had both been injured so Sam helped us into the backseat while John sat up front. He drove the Impala down the road and I glanced over at Dean. We both were bleeding from our injuries. I heard John hiss in pain from the passenger side.

"Look, just hold on, all right? The hospital is only 10 minutes away," Sam told us.

"I'm surprised at you, Sammy. Why didn't you kill it? I thought we saw eye-to-eye on this. Killing this demon comes first before me, before everything," John sighed and I gaped at him.

How could he even say that? After Sam spared his life?! Sam glanced into the small mirror above him then, back at me and Dean and I saw his eyes harden with determination.

"No, sir, not before everything. Look, we've still got the Colt. We still have the one bullet left. We just have to start over, all right? I mean, we already found the demon-" Sam started to say.

All of a sudden, another vehicle slammed into the Impala from the side, blinding headlights pouring into the car. Glass shattered on impact and I gasped, small shards cutting my hands and face. I tried to sit up but the car rolled and I smacked my head on the back glass with a loud crack. Everything went dark then and the last thing I felt was my head landing on Dean's shoulder.

Note: And THAT concludes Season 1, guys! Mostly these chapters have been introductory so everyone gets used to Parker but this next season is going to have a LOT more drama, flashbacks, dreams, etc. I'm beyond excited to write them ;)