Chapter 6 ~ New Case

Episode: Season 1 - Asylum Pt. 1

"You know, dad was in California last we heard from him..." Sam started to say into his cellphone.

I frowned. We still hadn't seen him and I could tell the boys were growing more and more worried. Especially Sam, little worry-wart that he is. From my seat on my bed, I absentmindedly thumbed through the pages of a magazine as Dean did the same with John's journal. Sam sighed as he ended the call.

"Caleb hasn't heard from him?" Dean asked, glancing up at his younger brother.

"Nope. And neither has Jefferson or Pastor Jim. What about the journal? Any leads in there?" Sam told him.

Dean shook his head, "No. Same last time I looked, nothing I can make out. I love the guy but I swear he writes like Yoda,"

"You know, maybe we should call the Feds. File a missing person's,"

"We've talked about this. Dad would be mad if we put the Feds on his tail,"

Suddenly, Dean's phone began to ring across the room.

"I don't care anymore. After all that happened back in Kansas, I mean.. You should have been there, Dean," Sam began to say, "You said so yourself! You tried to call him and nothing,"

"I know!" Dean grumbled as he rummaged through his clothes for the phone, "Where is my cell phone?"

"You know, he could be dead for all we know-" Sam started.

"Don't say that!" Dean cut him off sharply, "He's not dead. He's-he's-"

"-he's what? He's hiding? He's busy?" Sam peppered him with questions.

My brown eyes flitted between the brothers as they bickered, not daring to interrupt. Dean answered the phone then and I went back to my magazine.

"Ooh, Ian Somerhalder, be still my heart!" I chirped out happily as my eyes landed on the gorgeous blue-eyed actor.

I hugged the magazine briefly to my chest before gazing back down at the picture. A dreamy sigh left my lips and I shook my head as I looked at Nikki Reed next to him.

"Why can't you belong to me?!" I fake-sobbed to Ian.

All of a sudden, I felt eyes on me and I glanced up to see Sam smirking, his arms crossed over his chest. My cheeks went red and I stuffed the magazine back into my bag beside me.

"You saw nothing, Winchester!" I snapped, pointing a finger at him menacingly.

He rolled his eyes, "Whatever, Parker. Just get ready to go. We leave in 10."

Dean began to walk out then so I jumped off the bed and grabbed onto his wrist, spinning him back around to face me.

"We have a case?" I asked, grinning.

Dean nodded, "And I think you'll like it."

7 hours later, I found myself scaling a chain-link fence with the boys.

"Yeah, this is exactly what I had in mind when you said I'd like it," I grumbled sarcastically as my feet hit the pavement on the other side.

I glared up at Dean and he smiled at me once he landed on the concrete beside me.

"What can I say? Ruining your day just makes mine that much better," he winked, patting me on the cheek.

I slapped his hand away in disgust and he only laughed.

"Come on, you guys!" Sam called from up ahead.

We caught up to Sam and made our way to an old, abandoned building. A grin found its way on my face and I let out an excited squeal as I read the bold letters at the top.

Roosevelt Asylum. Estimated 1872.