Chapter 20 ~ Arguing with a Blonde Bimbo

Episode: Season 2 - No Exit Pt. 2

Unfortunately and very much against my own objections, Sam and Dean let Jo stay on the case with us. Now we were pouring over old maps to figure out where the spirit could be lurking and dragging off these girls to.

"Okay, so, uh, it's something else, then. Maybe some cursed object that brought a spirit with it," Sam suggested, resting his elbows on an old map spread before him across the table.

"We gotta scan the whole building. Everywhere we can get to, right?" Jo asked and I rolled my eyes.

She sure was inserting herself into this case like she belonged.

"Right," Dean agreed, leaning closer to Jo before getting up from his chair, "So you and me will take the top two floors,"

"Well, we'd move faster if we split up," she protested, following after him.

"Well, this isn't negotiable," Dean shook his head and she huffed, glaring up at him.

I felt my blood boil. This stupid girl was trying to take my place. I was the one who always fought with Dean, it was my job to irritate him. I clenched my jaw and Sam looked up, noticing. His eyes went between me and Jo and I saw realization dawn in his eyes.

"Hey, Parker, why don't you go with them? You've had a lot of experience on cases, I think they'd need you on this one." he told me and I shot him a smile of thanks.

Dean nodded and handed me an EMF meter, "Both of you stay behind me."

I rolled my eyes at his take-charge attitude, following them out the door. We made our way down hallways, holding up the EMF meters to check for ectoplasm. Jo and Dean bickered all the way and I rolled my eyes, sick of the girl already as I walked behind them.

"You know, it's bad enough I lied to your mom, but if you think I'm letting you out of my sight... I don't know if you've noticed, but you're the spirit's type," Dean was telling Jo.

"Exactly," she sniffed.

"You wanna be bait?" he asked in disbelief.

"Quickest way to draw it out and you know it," she told him in response.

I snickered, imagining her getting eaten by this thing.

"Hm, not a bad idea, Blondie. Let's just hope it eats you though," I said, murmuring the last part as I brushed past her to walk up ahead.

Jo scoffed at me, obviously hearing what I said, "You know, I've had it up to here with your attitude,"

I turned to face her, arching an eyebrow dangerously, "Excuse me?"

"Your jealous attitude," she went on, "You don't want me here because it makes you feel threatened. What? Think I'm gonna become a part of the group? Steal your Three Musketeers title?"

I scowled at her, my eyes hardening.

"Honey, you're not even skilled enough to be here!" I bit out and she gaped at me in anger.

"She's not wrong," Dean agreed, shrugging, "Well, she usually is but not this time,"

I snorted, "Gee, thanks, Dean,"

"'Cause let me tell you..." he started to tell her but trailed off.

"What?" she shot back.

He was silent a moment, "Forget it,"

"No, you started this," she said.

"Jo, you got options. No one in their right mind chooses this. My dad started me in this when I was so young - I wish I could do something else," he explained to her.

"You love the job!" she told him.

"Yeah, but I'm a little twisted," he admitted with a smirk.

I started to remark on that when Jo cut me off, "Don't say a word. You're a little twisted, too,"

I bit my lip, rolling my eyes in annoyance. Suddenly, a smell filled my nose. One I couldn't really identify.

"What?" Dean asked, noticing the look on my face.

"I'm not sure. I know it. I just can't put my finger on it," I admitted, waving around my EMF meter.

I squatted down then and held it up to the vent. The clear tubes lit up red and it started going off.

"Mazel tov. You just found the spirit," Dean said, squatting down to look.

I shot a triumphant smirk to Jo and she stuck her tongue out at me.