-Chapter 11- «Happy Birthday, Ken!»

-"Up & Down, at 10 pm. Yeah... But don't tell her! We're throwing her a surprise! Okay. If you're still in touch with our old classmates from high-school, tell them as well. Alright... Thanks, Gigi! It was great talking to you again." I hung up the phone.

I scrolled down the list of people in the Facebook group called "St Jude's old students" to find Kendall and I's old friends and invite them to the surprise birthday party that I'm throwing to her before heading to a jewelry store, in Manhattan. After pacing around, I didn't find anything that Kendall would like because I know her taste and she can be quite tough. When suddenly, an amazing idea ran through my mind about a gift. The seller tried desperately to sell me anything, even ready for a discount but I was already out, running back home to prepare myself, putting on a classy white shirt with black pants.

It was already half past 8 pm.

--

"Okay, guys! I called Kendall and told her to meet me here for a drink, since it's her favorite club. She's gonna come in less than 10 minutes, we have to be ready for her arrival!" I informed everyone.

The place was crowded with people dancing and drinking so I made a reservation for a dozen people in one of the corners of the club, thanks to Gigi's help as well. She hooked a "You rock, Ken Doll!" streamer on the wall, next to our table. Finally, after more than ten minutes and I knew that she would be late, Kendall entered inside and she stopped midway, dumbfounded in front of the crowd screaming "Surprise! Happy Birthday, Ken!" I smiled at her, content that she would be thrilled about it. She quickly ran to jump into my arms, hugging me tightly.

-"I don't know how to thank you, Milo! This is the best surprise ever!" she couldn't stop screaming, laughing yet still having a shocked face. I laughed back, kissing her in the cheek.

She was wearing a black and white crocodile crop top with a burgundy leather high waisted skirt.

Needless to say she was sexy as hell.

We sat on the table, ordering lots and lots of alcohol bottles when Larry came to sit next to Kendall. I widened my eyes.

-"What... What the hell is he doing here?" I murmured to Kendall, surprised.

-"Relax. I invited him."

-"Why?"

-"I didn't know that you were throwing me a birthday party with our high-school friends only! Sorry." She smiled, as a way to apologize. "It's okay. He won't be a bother, I promise."

Of course he is! He's already a bother to me. This is so typical of him, he knew that it was her birthday today and that I wanted to spend it only with her but he managed to ruin the whole plan.

Larry started introducing himself to everyone and I noticed that they already liked him.

What upsets me the most is when every time I try to talk to Kendall, he quickly changes the subject, making it all about him and his amazing achievements in life.

Not knowing what to do, I simply took a beer and started drinking nervously.

Ken suddenly squealed when "Waiting for Love" was now playing in the club, making me stand from my chair to go to the dancefloor. We started dancing like we just learnt how to, laughing at ourselves. That's how I wanted to spend the rest of the night; Her in my arms, laughing and enjoying her birthday.

My smile faded away when Larry approached her, ridiculously dancing behind her. She started grinding on him in a seductive way and that's when I couldn't take it anymore, breaking the bottle of beer in my hand which started bleeding in an instant.