-Chapter 24- «Sam»

-"Pancakes!" Kendall shouted, her voice barely audible from her bedroom where the sun rays snuck their way in from the Dian Austin 'Petit Trianon' curtains to tickle my heavy eyelids. "Miles, I made breakfast!"

It was 9 pm, meaning that I only slept for half an hour because I was busy thinking about Sam.

He's here... I couldn't believe it. Why is he here? Is he confirming my conspiracy theories about the murder cases? Or is he trying to mess around with my head so I could go nuts again?

Well, it's working.

-"Babe, get your ass down here!" Kendall yelled this time, making noises with a spatula.

The fact that she called me "babe" made me stop thinking about that scummy SOB, my heart throbbing at the sound of her voice. I got up, putting some clothes on while reminiscing that very long torrid night we shared together.

Why every time I try to make things right in order to be happy, something would come up to screw it all? How can yesterday be the best and the worst night, at the same time?

I couldn't find my black shirt so I made my way to the kitchen, only to find Kendall wearing it.

Truth be told, it looked nicer on her than on me.

A couple of buttons were missing, that just goes to show how we really were like hungry beasts in bed. Thus, it exposed her breasts that I loved to cup, her long smooth legs that I craved to suck and her nice buttocks that I really liked to...

-"Milo?" she asked, interrupting my dirty thoughts.

-"Yeah, sorry... Good morning, babe." I said, pulling her closer to crash my lips against hers. She went with it as she molded mine while running her long fingers in my hair that sent little tingles all over my senses.

-"Did you have a good night sleep?" I questioned, sitting on a highchair.

-"How could I? You were quite demanding." She replied, biting her lower lip.

-"Well, I slept like a baby." I informed.

The pancakes were heart-shaped with a few berries decorating the plate and a generous quantity of maple syrup poured on it.

How cheesy. This ten-minute relationship escalated very quickly.

-"I am so not ready to face a new day of reality." Kendall huffed. "How about we call it a day off and stay in bed all day, instead of chasing an anonymous serial killer?"

-"Tempting." I said, stealing a kiss from her. "But you know that Harold's gonna be pissed off, slamming his hands on his desk and..."

-"Playing nervously with his mustache." She finished my sentence, as usual.

-"Exactly." I laughed, biting on my breakfast.

That's when I received a text message, from a Blocked ID, that said "Meet me at the Lobby Lounge, thirty minutes. We need to talk. Come alone. –S"

–S? Is it the killer? Or Sam? Or maybe both? What does this person want to talk about? Surrendering? So many questions popping in my mind and they weren't going to be answered if I keep thinking without acting.

-"What's wrong, Milo?" Kendall asked, washing the dishes. I didn't realize that I finished my meal, due to too much psycho-analyzing. "Who sent you a text?"

-"Hum... No one." I blurted, shoving my phone in my pocket. "It's just... A wrong number, I guess."

-"You don't want me to play the jealous girlfriend, do you?" She seductively sat on my lap.