Chapter Four: Helen and Percival return

Merlin’s POV

I stood in the courtyard as the carriage arrived which would have Helen and Percival inside. It had been too long since I had seen my sister and Percival. Arthur stood beside me with our hands linked. Light stood in front of me and Arthur looking very happy. I couldn’t think of a better way of it all turning out for Light.

He has Arthur and I who love him a lot and he is now next entitled to the throne which I think he more than rightly deserves. I watched as my sister, Percival and one person I didn’t know get out the carriage and came over to us and I brought my sister into a warm embrace.

“It’s been too long,” I said as we pulled apart.

“Indeed it has and you are looking all well,” smiled Helen as Percival and Arthur shared a hug before I gave Percival a hug too.

“Hey Light,” smiled Helen as she brought him into a warm embrace. The young girl stood behind Helen and she smiled at me when I looked at her.

“Oh this is Emma my servant but also my best friend,” said Helen.

“Nice to meet you sire,” said Emma bowing.

“It’s my pleasure to meet you Emma,” I said as I put out my hand and we shook hands as well as I kissed it.

“Why don’t we all go inside,” said Arthur and we headed up the stairs into the castle. We made sure my sister, Percival and Emma got settled in before we all decided to sit down and have some lunch.

“Everything is going very well,” said Arthur.

“I’m very glad to hear that and so is Percival,” smiled Helen as she took Percival’s hand and he smiled with a strong nod.

“I’m just hoping my idea is going to work,” I said.

“Of course it will work Merlin. It’s a fantastic idea and I bet he will come back and say he will want to help you with it. What is stopping him coming here with his family? I mean magic is allowed now and they will not be treated horribly or killed,” said Helen.

“I think he may say no because he loves where he lives now and he may not be able to detach himself from his village to come to Camelot. I hope he does but if he doesn’t I’ll probably have to give up on the idea or try and find someone else,” I said.

“I bet there are plenty of people who would be willing to help you Merlin. You are king now after all and you just want to help people with magic and people will see that,” said Helen looking right at me.

“I guess you are right.”

“So Percival are up you up for an afternoon of training? Helen, Light and Merlin will probably find something to do right?” asked Arthur.

“Of course we will,” I said.

“You go and have fun sexy,” giggled Helen.

“I will beautiful,” said Percival as we watched them both get up from their chairs and leave the room.

“What are we going to do?” asked Light with an excited tone.  

“How about we go practice some magic I’m sure you are up for that right Helen”? I asked her.

“Of course and hey Light maybe we can beat your dads butt,” laughed Helen.

“Yeah that be awesome,” cheered Light.

“Oh gang up on me why don’t you,” I chuckled.

Emma’s POV

“Hey I’m Emma,” I introduced myself to Arthur and Merlin’s servant. He looked at me and smiled.

“I’m Harry. So you’re Lady Helen’s servant?” he asked me.

“Yeah I am. Do you enjoy your job?” I asked him.

“Of course I do. Why wouldn’t I be  looking after Merlin and Arthur the kings,” he said to me.

“Not many people like looking after kings or queens but I do and you seem to as well which is good. There isn’t anything to hate about it but maybe it’s because I have Helen who is lovely and you have Merlin and Arthur who are nice,” I said to him.

“Yeah it must be. I better get on with my work,” he said to me.

“Yeah and I should do. What are you doing?” I asked him.

“I’m going to go and make sure Merlin doesn’t need anything before I go down to Arthur to help him with his training,” he said to me.

“Oh right well I’ll come with you as I want to make sure there isn’t anything Helen wants me to do.”

Arthur’s POV

“I’m sorry Harry should be along any minute,” I said to the knights and Percival.

“Where is he?” asked Percival.

“He is probably doing something for Merlin but he will be here with my sword any second,” I said to them.

“Why not just use another sword,” suggested one of the new recruits.

“I’ll rather use my normal one to fight Percival,” I laughed and Percival nodded to agree.

“When these two go up against each other he needs that sword,” said Gwaine.

“Oh there he is,” I said as Harry came rushing over with the sword and handed it to me.

“I’m so sorry sire,” he said to me.

“It’s no problem at all Harry. Thanks. Now let’s get going shall we. Watch how me and Percival fight and then Gwaine, Elyan, Lancelot and Leon can take on each of you in turn and see how good you have all came along,” I said.

As I fought Percival I felt happy him being back like this. I’m happy Percival and Helen have returned.