Chapter Five: I don't understand her

Merlin’s POV

“Arthur,” I said shaking him awake. Arthur stirred in his sleep but he didn’t wake up. Harry had already pulled the curtains and that hadn’t worked either.

“Rise and shine!”I shouted. Arthur didn’t move. I pulled Arthur over. Arthur slowly opened his eyes and he looked at me.

“Arthur are you alright?” I asked him.

“Yeah I’m fine,” said Arthur his voice sounded weird as he tried to get out of bed but he collapsed and I had to catch him which nearly did my back in. I helped him back in bed and lay next to him.

“I think you are ill Arthur,” I said to him.

“No, I’m fine,” he said back to me. I looked at him and I knew he wasn’t.

“No you’re not you look terrible,” I said to him.

“No I don’t,” said Arthur as he brought me into an embrace and his lips pressed against mine. I couldn’t resist him and I kissed him back as I touched his bare chest.

“Arthur I think you should stay in bed,” I said to him as I pulled away.

“We have a kingdom to run,” said Arthur.

“Just for today alright? I think I’ll be fine on my own for a day Arthur,” I said to him.

“Alright fine but only to please you,” said Arthur before he chucked the covers over him and fell back to sleep instantly.

“I’ll fetch someone to look after him Merlin. Then I can still serve you,” smiled Harry.

“That would be great thank you Harry,” I smiled at him as he left to go get another servant. I made sure Arthur was tucked in bed properly and that he would be ok before I made sure I was dressed properly.

Harry came back with another servant. “Can you make sure he is checked on and that he is fed when he wakes up. Any problems please send for me but I think you should fetch Gaius down to check on him too,” I said before I left the chamber with Harry. I knocked on Light’s door.

It opened up to reveal a young servant and Light. “Coming for breakfast?” I asked him.

“Yeah,” grinned Light as I took his hand and we headed down the corridor, “Where is daddy?” asked Light.

“Daddy isn’t feeling so well today so I made him stay in bed but don’t worry he’ll be fine,” I smiled at Light to reassure him.

We ate our breakfast while having a laugh with Helen and the knights. “Do you think he has over worked himself?” asked Helen.

“I don’t know he might have done. I try to get him to stop doing so much or for him to settle down but he doesn’t listen to me when he comes to things like that which does really annoy me. I’m glad he listened to me today and stayed in bed. He should be better in no time though,” i smiled.

“Yeah he is a fighter,” smiled Percival.

“He always has been,” said Gwaine. Gwen and Lancelot came into the chamber. That was also something that would be coming up. Gwen and Lancelot’s wedding. That should be a great day.

“How are you two?” asked Percival.

“We are great. Lancelot was just suggesting that we move the wedding up a bit but we aren’t sure yet,” said Gwen who has her hand in Lancelot’s as they both sat down together.

“That would be brilliant just let me or Arthur know when and we can arrange it,” I smiled at her. It felt still weird that I was King now.

“Don’t worry we will. Where is Arthur?” asked Gwen.

“He is ill. I made him stay in bed,” I said to her.

“I hope it’s nothing major,” said Lancelot.

“I don’t think it is,” I grinned.

“That’s good,” said Gwen.

Everyone was quiet for about a minute and what broken the silence was this horrible scream. “What was that?” asked Light.

“I’ll check,” I said as I got up and went out into the corridor.

“Merlin its from outside,” said Gwaine. I came back into the council chamber and looked out the window to see that Camelot was under attack.

“Gwaine get the knights and go straight to the courtyard. Helen let’s go,” I said to her. She got up from her sit and we all left the council chamber.

“Light you need to stay here,” I said to him as I turned to face him.

“Ok I will,” said Light staying back. We all headed towards the courtyard after that in hope no one was that hurt yet.

Morgana’s POV

“It’s about time you came,” I laughed as Merlin  and the knights came into the courtyard. I saw no sign of Arthur but right now I couldn’t care.

“I should have known it was you,” said Merlin looking right at me.

“Maybe you should. I have a clear advantage now Merlin. Do you remember Mordred?” I asked him. Merlin eyes lit up.

Mordred landed nearby on his dragon.

“Hey Emry’s,” he sneered at Merlin.

“Mordred,” Merlin said shocked.

“I said to you that you would regret it and I would never forget. I never forgot and now I’ve come back,” said Mordred.

“How can you control that dragon?” asked Merlin.

“Simple really I’m a dragon lord just like you,” Mordred laughed and I laughed along with him. This was working out perfectly.

Merlin’s POV

I began to summon the great dragon. The great dragon landed nearby with Aroma. “You will not win,” I said to them both.

“I could control you’re dragons too,” said Mordred.

“You will never be able to use me and Aroma,” said the great dragon which made my heart lip with happiness. If he could have I knew I may have lost this fight.

“Magic has been returned to the kingdom, there is peace. Why do you continue to attack?” I shouted at her.

“I want my revenge on you and Arthur. I still deserve the throne!” she shouted back at me.

“No you don’t!” I shouted back at her.

“Go!” yelled Mordred as his dragon came at us but the great dragon and Aroma stopped it and held it back. Two against one meant he hardly had a chance.

“Just give up Morgana. You can never win,” I said.

“You better get out of here before I decide to kill you like I killed your sister!” shouted Helen.

“Oh you are here are you,” sneered Morgana.

“Yeah and I’m going to kill you,” said Helen.

“Morgana please why can’t we just get along? We both have magic and magic is allowed. I brought back magic isn’t that enough?”

“No, it will never be enough I will have the throne one way or another!” she screamed.

We watched as Morgana got onto the dragon with Mordred and flied away. I shook my head. She always fled and she never won. Why doesn’t she just give up and live her life. I don’t understand her.