Chapter Eight: She nearly killed you

Merlin’s POV

I stirred in my sleep moving slightly but as I did my head hit something hard. I opened my eyes to find I had fallen asleep in the chair and I had hit my head on the side of it. I rubbed my head in annoyance before I rubbed my eyes and got up. I stumbled over to the bed thinking about getting into bed with Arthur and going back to sleep but I didn’t get a chance to decide when someone bashed hardly on my door.

“Come in,” I called to them.

Gwaine rushed into my chamber looking out of breath and that he had been fighting. “Sire we have a major problem,” he said to me.

“What is it?” I asked him.

“We are under attack sire,” said Gwaine.

“Ok I’ll get dressed and I’ll be right there,” I said to him. I quickly chucked on whatever clothes I found in the wardrobe first before I followed Gwaine out my chamber knowing I would be leaving Arthur alone but I hoped he would be ok. “Gwaine I need you to fetch some guards to protect my chambers to look after Arthur,” I said to Gwaine.

“Of course but I must tell you something Merlin they may not be able to stop who is attacking,” he said to me.

“Who is it?” I asked him quickly.

“It’s Morgana,” said Gwaine.

“Will she never give up,” I said to Gwaine.

“I don’t know,” said Gwaine.

“Where was she last spotted?” I asked him.

“The throne room sire,” said Gwaine.

“Ok you fetch the two guards to protect Arthur and I’ll go to the throne room,” I said before I rushed off towards the throne room while Gwaine went the other direction to me.

Emma’s POV

I wish Harry liked me. I have no reason to lie about that but I know he don’t like me. If he did I would be able to tell and I see nothing in his eyes to tell me he likes me. Nothing he has done for me portrays that towards me and that is why I believe he don’t like me but someone else.

I’ve been watching Harry a lot but I still can’t put my finger on who he likes. I mean it could be one of the other serving girls. That would make sense. I do hope he don’t like Helen that would just be very awkward. I can’t think of anyone else who he could like. It can’t be me though.

“Emma,” someone called my name. I turned around to find Harry coming towards me.

“What is it Harry?” I asked him.

“I was mucking out the horses when I saw it happen. Camelot is under attack we have to warn everyone,” said Harry.

“We are closest to Helen’s chamber’s we can warn her first come on,” I said to Harry taking his hand and we ran towards Helen’s chambers. When we got there we heard a loud noise from within.

I rammed open the door it smashing open to reveal Helen picking up a jug. “What is the matter?” asked Helen as she put it back on the table looking from me to Harry. She must tell we are distressed and she is right we are.

“Camelot is under attack,” I said to her as quickly as possible.

“Are you sure?” she asked.

“I saw it with my own eyes my lady. Camelot is under attack as we speak,” said Harry.

“Do you know by who?” asked Helen.

“I do my lady...its Morgana,” Harry said.

Helen’s POV

I rushed towards the throne room knowing that was where Morgana had been last spotted. My heart raced in my chest as I sped towards the throne room with Harry and Emma behind me. I took a deep breath once I reached it. I rushed within to find Morgana but what I saw her doing made me want to kill her more than ever.

I watched in horror as she chucked Merlin’s lifeless body against the two thrones which belonged to Merlin and Arthur. My heart missed a beat, everything seemed to slow down, and every beat with my heart felt like it was going to be my last. I stood there in shock until Emma nudged me back to reality.

I rushed forward shouting a spell at the top of my voice which hit Morgana making her freeze to the spot. I’ll deal with her later. I must make sure Merlin is going to be ok. I rushed over to his body but as I went to kneel down to help him Harry did first. I watched as Harry checked his pulse.

“He is alive but his heart it’s very weak, his pulse. We have to get him to Gaius as soon as possible,” said Harry. I looked at Harry in shock but right now I didn’t care if he seemed different all of a sudden. I just want Merlin to be ok.

“Dad,” called Light as he rushed into the throne room.

“Light no!” shouted Lancelot and Gwen trying to stop him. I looked over my shoulder to see Light rushing over but he stopped spotting his dad on the floor out cold. Tears began to whelm up in his eyes. I knew Harry would look after Merlin so I rushed to my feet and ran over to Light bringing him into a hug.

“It’s ok Light. Your dad is going to be fine,” I whispered into his ear. Light cried into my arm.

Morgana is going to pay for this with every inch of my body. I looked around to find Morgana had managed to escape and was heading towards Merlin, Harry and Emma. This bitch doesn’t know when to give up does she? Morgana is gonna die right now!

As I went to chase after her Harry sprung to his feet raising his hand up. Harry whispered something. I barley heard it but I watched in amazement as Morgana shot backwards and smashed through the window and out of sight. I rushed over to them.

“Is Merlin ok?” I asked Harry. He nodded.

---------------------------------------------------------

“Merlin please lay down,” said Gaius who was trying to examine Merlin.

“Is she gone?” asked Merlin.

“Yes she has,” said Gaius trying to push Merlin back on the bed next to Arthur.

“I’m fine,” Merlin finally said.

“No you are not. She nearly killed you!” I shouted at him harshly. Merlin looked at me and laid back down.

 “She did, didn’t she? Does that mean I’m getting weaker?” I asked Helen.

“Of course not Merlin, don’t think that for one minute ok. You have been under a lot of stress don’t blame yourself,” I said to him trying to make him feel a bit better.

“Is Light ok?” asked Merlin as he seemed to get paler.

“He’ll be ok,” I said softly to him taking his hand so he would stay still for Gaius to check him over.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading guys :)

Ok so next chapter I reveal who Harry likes. Has anyone got any ideas to who it is?

Please do suggest. I won't tell you if ur right or not but it be great to see what u think haha.

Feedback and votes would a lot to me guys and thanks for all the support u give me on this book.

Its the third one. Still hard to see how far I got with this idea with Merlin and Arthur being married and together but i love writing it

Till next time guys :)