Chapter Sixteen: Do you really love me?

Merlin’s POV

I looked at Arthur in shock. How could he still fight for us after all that I’ve done to him. After everything that has happened between us. If Harry was the first time, I would understand but he isn’t there was Gwaine before this.

I started to shake slightly and Arthur brought me into a warm embrace. How much I had missed that warm embrace Arthur gives me. How much I miss Arthur and how much I really do love him. How could I have let Harry cloud my judgement? Arthur will always be the one I love, he always has been. I could never ever not love Arthur and he’ll always hold my heart forever.

How did I let Harry slip into my thoughts? How had I let myself believe I may love him and more then Arthur too. The confusion seems to be a distant memory. How could I have not seen this before?

“Merlin,” whispered Arthur. I looked at him and nodded.

“Yes, Arthur?”

“I’m going to get a new servant and I’m going to go eat with my knights. I love you Merlin, which will never change. I want you to clear your head and think. I want you to decide whether you want to fight for me like I want to fight for you. I want to know the whole story from start to finish and how you came to have feelings towards Harry but I’ll listen to you tonight,” said Arthur before he left the chambering leaving me sitting at the table.

I put my face in my hands and I let the tears slip down my face once more. I tried to shake it off but the tears wouldn’t stop falling. I know what I want to do, I want to fight for Arthur but will he still want to fight for me when he hears the story of what happened? Would he even believe me?

I just don’t know and I don’t even know if I want to know. “I can’t turn to anyone and I’m alone,” I whispered out loud to myself.

“You’re not alone, Merlin you never will be,” said a voice from behind me. I turned my head to find my sister Helen walking into the chamber.

“Helen,” I whispered.

“Merlin will you tell me what’s wrong? Can you tell me what has happened? I’m here to listen and to understand,” said Helen to me. I nodded to her as she brought me over to the bed and sat beside me putting her arms around me trying to comfort me.

I sat there and I told her the whole story of what had happened between me and Harry. The time I had finished Helen was looking at me with concern on her face.

“You can’t explain why these feelings took over? You can’t explain now that they somehow disappeared so quickly?” asked Helen.

“No I can’t,” I said to her.

“Something doesn’t feel right here,” said Helen.

“Because it isn’t,” said Light who had just came into the room.

“Light what are you doing in here?”

“I know what is happening and you know I’m smart for my age so don’t lie to me. Everything is not as it seems father and you must be wise here. Harry does love you and he decided he’ll do anything to make sure he got you. He made daddy ill. Harry made him ill. He did it so he could get close to you without him around. It didn’t work, yes you shared a few kisses but you never let him take it further and you never said you loved him back. So he took it to another level. Morgana came to see him. You may ask why but a deadly secret is hidden but nothing can be hidden from me father. Harry is Morgana’s half brother and is Arthur’s half brother too. They are related and have the same father Uther. Uther lied and said he hated magic but he still used magic so Harry was born. He kept this a secret from everyone and didn’t even tell Gaius about him. Morgana knew and he was angry at her but she convinced him that she wanted to be his sister again and so they struck a deal. Morgana would lead you more on and make you confused so Arthur would catch you together and then you and Harry would run away from Camelot and then Morgana would strike and take the throne. She said she would allow you and Harry back after she got the throne. But even before that Morgana said she helped Harry a little and made you confused. You would have never allowed Harry to fill you with this confusion and maybe like him. As soon as Arthur cuddled you that feeling disappeared because you truly love daddy with all your heart,” Light finished.

I looked at Light and my mouth dropped in shock. How can Light at such a young age come off as so wise? I think he is wiser then I am and he knows so much then I know too.

“Light how do you know this?” asked Helen.

“You just have to trust me,” smiled Light.

Arthur’s POV

“Good evening,” I smiled as I came into the chamber to find Merlin sitting at the table where I had left him this morning but I took he had been up and about.

“Evening, Arthur,” Merlin clearly forcing a smile.

“Have you thought about it?” I asked him.

“Of course I have,” he said.

“Ok so tell me the full story,” I said to him.

“Arthur...I don’t want to come off as someone trying to make lies up or saying it’s not my fault but I don’t think it really is my fault.

“I don’t care about that Merlin all I want to know is do you really love me? Are you willing to tell me the full story of what happened? Are you willing to tell me the truth? If you can tell me all this then I will fight for you. Then I’ll ask you the question again Do you really love me?”

---------------------------------------------------

End of chapter 16

Two chapters left to go now

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and enjoy the last two chapters when i put them up

I decided to put this up so you don't have to wait haha :)

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed and vote and comment feedback to me if you think I deserve it it mean so much :)