Chapter Eighteen: Our love can stand all/ Ten years later

Arthur’s POV

“Yes all will be well in Camelot soon enough. No don’t worry Merlin will be back on his feet in no time. Do not fear Camelot will never be defeated while we all stand together and fight for what we believe, for Camelot and for this Kingdom,” I smiled.

The council chamber roared with happiness as servants began to serve food for the feast out and everyone began to dig in. I got up from my chair and over to Gaius. “How is Merlin?” I asked Gaius.

“He is through the worst, sire he’ll he back to health in no time now enjoy the feast you deserve it,” smiled Gaius.

“I got hurt too but how come it’s taken Merlin so long?”

“The spells that Harry and Morgana used on him should have killed him sire. They would have if Merlin didn’t have magic. That is why it is taking more time. Helen has done her best to heal him but now rest is what he’ll need to make a full recovery,” smiled Gaius.

“Thank you Gaius,” I smiled at him before I went over to Helen and I sat next to her. It’s not like a King to do this, he would normally sit at the front and stay there throughout the feast but I needed to talk to her.

“Thank you Helen for what you did,” I smiled to her.

“Sire he is my brother I would never stand back and let anyone hurt him and besides I will do everything to protect Camelot while I’m here,” she smiled.

“I mean you’re pregnant my lady and you still did that,” I said to her.

“Being pregnant doesn’t stop me using my magic, Arthur but I’m grateful for your concern. Percival and I will have to go back to our Kingdom soon. I want to settle down and get a room designed and built for my child. I want my child to grow up with my Kingdom as he or she will take the throne one day but thank you Arthur for everything,” she smiled.

“You’re always welcome,” I said before I began to eat and she smiled at me. I’m starving I’ve been so worried about Merlin I haven’t had much time to eat much but sitting down and eating right now feels great.

Wait a second where is Light?

Merlin’s POV

“Dad?” I heard a whisper.

I opened my eyes slowly to find Light sitting on the edge of the bed. “Light what are you doing here? Gaius said there is a feast you should be with everyone,” I told him.

“Dad I’ll rather sit here with you. Gaius said you’re going to be ok,” smiled Light.

“Of course I’m going to be ok,” I said as I sat up slightly.

“I was worried. Morgana and Harry they have no end to the pain they want to deliver do they?” Light asked.

“No but don’t worry about them, we’ll all safe and that is what really matters,” I said as I brought Light into a cuddle as best as I could.

“Ah this is where you got to,” I heard the voice of my husband Arthur.

“Yes he said he wanted to sit here with me then go to the feast,” I smiled. Arthur got into the bed the other side and hinted for Light to squeeze in the middle of us so that is what he did.

All three of us all snuggled up to each other in the bed. “I’m very happy right now,” said Light as he closed his eyes.

“I know I’m happy too,” I smiled.

“Well Merlin we know one thing,” Arthur said.

“What is that?” I asked him.

“Our love can stand all,” he beamed before he leaned over Light who looked like he had fallen asleep and kissed me on the lips. Arthur deepened the kiss and I just enjoyed the moment.