#20 Reality

"I want you all to give it up for our amazing manager Vera" he says then holds his hand out towards me. I'm gonna fucking kill him for this, he knows I hate being on stage. I force on a smile as I jog onto stage and give a wave while everyone's cheering. I shake my head with a smile as I look at Papa then it happened...

A gunshot.

* * *

My heart skips a beat and suddenly everything goes quiet. I'm too scared to move. What happened? It can be can it? No it can't. I'm trying to move but I can't I just stand there staring into nothing blankly as tears start to roll down my face.

"Fuck..." I hear Tobias cursing next to that snaps me out of it and I look at him. He just looks at me with a confused look then looks down on his chest as he moves his hand away. My eyes widen and my body start to shakes as I see the crimson stain on his snow white suit growing.

"Tobias!" I scream as I try to catch him before he falls but I can't hold him for long and my legs are giving up as I collapse onto my knee while I'm holding him in my arms.

"Shit... it hurts like a bitch..." he speaks quietly and groans as he clenches his eyes shut.

"Shut up and stop talking!" I snap at him crying then frantically look around at the ghoul who just stand their frozen in shock. "Someone call a fucking ambulance!" I scream at them but I feel Tobias's gloved hand on my cheeks.

"It's too late darling" he says weakly and shakes his head. "I love you..." he says before his hands slowly drop onto him and I see as the spark of life disappears from his eyes.

"No, no, no, no, no you can't do this to me asshole!" I scream at him while my tears rolling down my cheeks uncontrollably. I pull him close to me and clench onto his lifeless body as I just sob into his shoulders. This has to be another nightmare. This cannot be real. It can't. It's like the time just froze as I sit there crying and gasping for air as my whole body is shaking violently not being able to let him go, I can't. I just can't.

Silence.

Cold.

Another gunshot.

My eyes widen as I feel the jolts of pain shooting across my chest. I slowly look down and I see my white shirt slowly soaking with blood. So this it, huh? I cough up some blood, then a smile crawls onto my faceas slowly everything start to get blurry around me and the commotion along with every noise cease to exist and I feel the cold. Soon will be together again my love... then I close my eyes and I cease to exist.

Bright lights.

Distorted noises.

Blurry dark figures.

Is this heaven? Hell, maybe? I try to listen closely to the noises but it's like I'm under water. I blink a few times trying to clear my vision and soon enough my vision clears. I clench my eyes shut from the bright light as it hits me harder. Once my eyes get used to it I open it and look around. A hospital? So I survived... I clench the cover as memories starts to flood in. I lost him. The person who I loved more than anything in the world, the person who was my saviour, my everything. I just lay there looking into oblivion and switch myself off, I don't want to face reality, I don't want to be here. I don't want to be alive...

"Vera?" I hear a similar voice and I slowly turn my head to see Marin and Simon standing at the door looking shocked like they seeing a ghost. They probably thought I died too. "Oh god I am so glad you are finally awake!" Simon bursts out then walks up to me and gives me a tight hug but I just stay quiet as I gently pat his shoulder.

"Hey Romeo watch it you might break her" Martin chuckles softly then step out of the room shouting 'she's awake' and soon the rest of the guys walk in, all letting out a relieved sigh and looking at me smiling.

How could they smile? How could they not sign any sign of distress after what happened? I feel the anger building inside me and my eyes tearing up but then the door opens and he walks in. With a small smile playing across his lips wearing his leather jacket tucking his shades into his shirt. I just stare at him confused then pretty much rip the IV out of my hand as I jump off the bed and run up to him, hugging him tight and cry against his chest.

"I can't believe you're alive" I cry against his chest but he just says a confused 'what'. I pull away slowly and look at him. Utter confusion on his face along with everyone else in the room.

"Vera what are you talking about?" he looks at me confused cocking his eyebrow.

"You... died... You got shot" I say stuttering as I look at him then the rest of the guys. He lets out a sigh and closes his eyes for a second before helping me back to my bed. I just look around in absolute confusion and I feel panic setting in. What the fuck is going on. Is this a fucking joke?

"Vera...you-" Simon start talking but Tobias interrupts him.

"Better if I tell her she will more than likely to believe me then you lot" Tobias says in a calm tone as he looks at them and Simon just rolls his eyes.

"What the fuck is going on?" I ask in a rather sharp tone as I start to get a really bad feeling about this whole thing. Something isn't right...

"Vera you've been into a coma for two weeks" Tobias says as he looks into my eyes and I can tell he is telling the truth. I just sit there dumbfounded and confused. What...? When did that happen?

"What happened...?" I look at them.

"Well... you decided to take us to the beach and you went to get Tobias" Martin explains then looks at the mentioned green eyed man who looks at me again and sigh.

"Long story short you hit your head and lost consciousness and since then you been into a coma" he says as he clears his throat.

"I remember, someone was a bit rough" I chuckle then bite my lip with a smirk but he just gives me a confused look. "What? You... me-"

"Vera, I have a girlfriend...Look, you came to my room and while I was getting ready you tripped in the bathroom and hit your head on the sink..." he interrupts me and my smile disappears as once again confusion sets in.

"What's going on?" I ask in a weak tone as I feel like I'm gonna tear up.

"The doctor said due the hard fall and the strength of the hit to your head you might have partial memory loss, and it is possible while you were out your subconscious altered your memories..." Mauro explains as he looks at me and I feel like my whole world just collapsed in me.

What...?

I just sit there trying to process what they just said. Everything that happened. The beach, the drunken madness, the Christmas dinner... Tobias... it was all in my head? This has to be another nightmare, right? My world cannot just collapse this quick, it can't. I look at the Tobias and it's clear as sky he is neither my boyfriend nor we ever been together. I feel my heart shatters into a million pieces as I quietly lie down and just stare into the hospital light. Life is just one big nightmare...