Chapter 4

A/N: I am so sorry for the delay! Enjoy the story! By the way, F/B will mean favorite book. I know it's weird.......but oh well. Also, all of the things I mention, like the dress, the trunk, and the closet will all be above. Also, here is the URL for the second outfit that there will be: https://www.polyvore.com/love_already_blossomed/set?id=222692501
~
The stone walls held nothing but silence in the moments that passed by. The scratching of Y/N's pen on paper had stopped and the soft, alluring sound of the organ had ceased to exist, at least for the moment. Y/N huffed out a breath, breaking the ever-growing silence. She was twirling the pen between her fingers, trying to think of what to do. There wasn't much to do around here.... not anymore, that is. The opera house was deserted and closed. The only sound that ever echoed through the stage was the sound of days gone by (A/N: that was a Les Mis reference, if you didn't catch that) and the echoing of the memory of old songs that were sung and the laughs that once rung through the large business. Another disadvantage of living underground was not only that she could not let herself be seen, but all of her books were read. Some of her books were even burned, even F/B. This really upset her, and she was determined to acquire a new copy, but the only dilemma was that she didn't know how. She was only aloud out of the Phantom's lair when they needed something important, like food or water. She was only aloud to purchase things for her own pleasure if it was a holiday or some other special occasion. This was for safety and privacy reasons, and Y/N understood that fully.
But, suddenly an idea popped into her head. It was an idea so rebellious (at least in Erik's mind) that the thought just made the urge to leave the lair greater.

So, she quickly fetched the papers on which she had just written, and brought them with her to a trunk (the picture above) which sat next to her closet/dresser. She kneeled down in front of the closet and pulled a drawer open a small fraction. In the drawer, there were all sorts of underclothes and corsets folded neatly in small piles. She lifted those piles up and put her free hand underneath them, searching for the key to her trunk. The smooth, light brown wood of the closet grazed her fingers, the smooth bumps making her fingers gently lift up a little. Suddenly, the familiar feel of perfectly carved circles of metal met her fingers. The feeling immediately gave her the impulse that it was a key that she softly graced with her fingers. Her fingers searched for the top loop of the key and two fingers slid through it (if you are thinking weird things, get your mind out of the gutter) and latched on. She pulled the key out of the drawer and brought it so it was in front of the lock on the trunk. She eased the key into her trunk and when she felt it hit the back of the lock, she turned the key, and the lock clicked open. She pulled on the latch which separated the bottom of the trunk from the top, and gently lifted the lid. Inside were many papers and books, photo albums, and most importantly, a few picture of Erik. She had taken these pictures when he was not looking, though he noticed afterwards and got really angry at her, but, she thought it was worth the fight, and she wouldn't change what she did for the world. With distant memories dancing softly in her mind, she smiled and lifted a certain box that she often used for keeping pictures. She placed the papers below the small, rectangular, wooden box would be, and placed the small box back in its place on top of everything else. She closed the trunk softly and pulled the latch down. She grabbed the key, which she subconsciously placed on the floor out of habit, and locked the trunk. She turned back to the closet's drawer and lifted up the first pile of clothes. She placed the key underneath it, and slid the drawer until it wasn't protruding from the closet anymore. She got up and brushed her knees, her dress swaying around her feet.

She stood in front of her closet and opened its doors, revealing dozens of dresses sitting, smushed, next to each other. She had many, many dresses, and they were close to each other, but they were just far enough that it left a little space at the end for Y/N to maneuver them on the bar that held them. Y/N swiped through the many beautiful and extravagant dresses she had until she finally found the one she was looking for. It was navy blue with a section of white running down the middle. The white part was a lace-like fabric and had small blue flowers embroidered on it. There were tulips and what seemed to be daisies on it, and their stems entwined with each other, but their leaves stood alone. There was a wire-like belt stretching across the ribs. It started under the breast and zig-zagged its way to the middle of the body. On the sleeve and the neck of the dress, there was a green-ish gold looking rim that held the outside and inside fabrics together. The navy blue part was velvety and soft, unlike the coarse material of the lace, which was of coarse cushioned by a softer fabric on the inside. The sleeves, which were very large and billowed out around her arms, had rings of fabric at the middle of her bicep that matched the fabric of the white lace-like cloth that stood sewn in to the middle. She pulled the dress off of the hanger and draped it on her arm. She then grabbed a large, round black box from the shelf in the closet that was above the dresses. She reached next to the empty space and found a tin, rectangular box, which was also black, but was tied with a red ribbon. Y/N snatched that off of the shelf and gripped it tightly in her free hand. She strode in the direction of her dressing screen, but came to a halt as she was passing her bed. She placed the two boxes on it and continued to her dressing screen, where she stripped of her previous dress and pulled on the new one. She dragged her arms through the large sleeves, and adjusted the dress so it would fit her body. She walked out from behind the dressing screen and back to the open closet to retrieve a change of shoes. She picked them up and walked to her bed and sat down. She carefully undid each button on her previous shoes and slid them off of her feet, replacing them with new ones. She slipped them on, one by one, and put her newly covered feet on the cold stone floor. Y/N then moved to her dressing table, which was next to her desk, and sat down in the stool that was waiting patiently for her.
(The dressing table is pictured below)