Chapter 12

A/N: I have had a really weird week and I am also sick, so I am so sorry I didn't update sooner! I hope you enjoy this chapter of A Live Already Blossomed!

~

The next morning, Y/N woke up with a lightness in her chest, which lasted for only about one second. She had gotten a good nights sleep, in which was a rather strange dream.

She had dreamt that Philippe and her were eating fresh escargot on a pier, which rich people then never did eat anything in the dock, or floor, or any type of place which involves any place other than a high quality chair. Of course, as Y/N and Philippe were eating escargot, the snail slipped out of her silver utensils and fell into the ocean. With guilt swimming in her chest, Y/N jumped into the ocean after the small piece of food. She swam and swam, the salt water stinging her eyes and her breaths aching with the loss of air until she finally caught the snail.

Philippe was obviously very disgusted with this action and stormed off, dumping his dish into the murky, greenish-blue waters of the ocean. Y/N was secretly dancing with delight in her mind, while her face and body features remained the same, only with a fraction of sadness added into the mix, just for show.

After the whole scene with Philippe, Y/N walked at a pace and with such a stride that was nearly a skip, back to the opera house's lairs. Erik eyed Y/N cautiously, the look in his eyes questioning what Y/N had been up to. After Y/N told Erik the whole long story of what had happened at the pier, Erik's eyes were filled with tears and the corners of them were wrinkled. His mouth was contorted into a large smile, which spread from ear to ear, and which made his normal aura (that he gave off, mind you) of darkness and frightening nature shatter.

Erik's smile of course made Y/N smile, only it was a small but affectionate curl of one corner of her lips. Y/N was gazing at him with such intense love and admiration that even Erik had noticed (quite frankly, it felt to him like someone was stabbing an object into the back of his head, or maybe the side of his head), he turned to look at Y/N and started leaning in like he did twice. He started of slowly, then increased speed, and just before even their lips were grazing and were only about one millimeter apart, Y/N woke up. She first slapped a hand onto her forehead and then turned her body so that her face was in the pillow. She groaned and screamed horrifically, and thought 'Every time!!! It has to end before the kiss EVERY SINGLE TIME!!', not knowing that Erik was awake and in her bedroom with breakfast.

"Was I interrupting something?" Erik asked. His voice made Y/N freeze with her fist in her pillow. She turned over so she was sitting on her bed with the covers over her.

"Er, no. Not really, anyway. You can come in, if you still want to," Y/N replied.

"Erm, alright," Erik breathed and laughed lightheartedly. He walked toward Y/N's bed with a breakfast tray in his hands. He stopped when he was at the perfect level to give Y/N the tray. "May I?" he asked.

"Of course," Y/N confirmed. When Erik was hovering with her breakfast tray halfway between him and Y/N lap, the tea cup clattering slightly on the saucer, Y/N grabbed the tray from him. "Thank you," she said with a smile.

"It's no problem," Erik said, his face turning a light shade of pink, a shade that was almost noticeable. He looked down and rocked a little on his feet. He looked at Y/N's smiling face, which was staring at him with a gaze that was enough to melt him into a red-tinted puddle of love. He cleared his throat. "Er, I'll just leave now." He started to leave for the exit of Y/N's room, but he was stopped by a:

"Wait!"

Erik whipped around, looking Y/N dead in the eye with a look of confusion. Y/N laughed her beautiful laugh that, to Erik, was the most beautiful sound in the world, a sound that sounded like soft bells, the most amazing song that ever existed, or the melodic sounds of a flute or a soft opera. Her laugh made Erik smile, though most of the time, it didn't show.