Chapter 11

A/N: I do not own this picture or nightgown (haha. I made myself laugh and I don't know why). Enjoy the story!

~

When Y/N got home that night, she was exhausted. When she got out of the boat, she leaned against the wall and let out an exasperated sigh, closing her eyes and pinching the bridge of her nose. All of the memories from that night came rushing back to her like water flowing over a broken dam. There was nothing to stop them; not even Y/N's frustrated groan.

Y/N stepped forward, leaning away from the security of the wall and began tiredly walking back to her safe quarters, where there was a large, plush bed with beautiful, warm red sheets waiting for her. She ambled towards the space of her room, dragging her feet slightly, her eyelids drooping over her glossy eyes in fatigue. Her hair was disheveled and out of place, sticking out in all sorts of awkward places, escaping the confines of her neat and civilized, yet painful hairdo.

By the time Y/N got to her room, she was already half asleep and was ready to slip through her red curtains, into her room, and into her soft warm bed when she heard a gorgeous, coarse, rich voice which was enough to raise the hairs on the back of her head and to create the small mountains of  chills on her arms. She felt her knees get weak at just the sound of his voice.

"How was dinner?" the voice, which could only be Erik, asked.

"O-Oh. Erm, d-dinner was... a-alright, I guess," Y/N stuttered. She tripped over her words like one does over an untied shoelace.

Erik laughed his warm, soothing, creamy laugh. "Are you sure?"

"Y-Yes, I'm sure... Well, maybe lovely isn't quite the word I'd use, but-"

Erik chuckled. "I thought so."

Y/N and Erik stood in their places, Erik by his organ and Y/N in front of her quarters, and stared at each other in silence.

Erik's eyes were still as brilliant of a striking aqua blue as they normally were when he was calm, even in that light, where Erik was standing in the darkness, the soft candle light only illuminating his eyes, oh, those striking blue eyes, his white mask, a small portion of his perfect nose, a bit of his cheek, his non-masked cheekbone, and the halfway hollow, black space which allowed his other eye to show. Both of his eyes were visible and they were shimmering, reflecting the candles flickering flames in his blue orbs, which were now thin rings around large, black spheres. Y/N could see the laughter and playfulness on his face, which wasn't that visible, and his eyes, which twinkled in delight. His cheek was slightly lifted, and Y/N could tell that his beautiful smile was gracing his face at that very moment. Y/N smiled, regained her ability to speak, and then, with her newly regained ability, spoke, her voice lower and raspier than normal, taking on the challenges of exhaustion,  though she was trying so hard not to let it show.

"Well, I'd better be getting to bed now. Sleep doesn't conquer itself," Y/N stated plainly, a smile painting the delicate painted features of her face. "Have fun, Erik."

"Actually, I would also be better off getting some sleep. My music tends to get boring when I'm tired," Erik revealed.

Y/N laughed. "That explains very much."

Erik glared his sharp, dagger like glare at Y/N.

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry," Y/N said, putting her hands up in defeat. At this Erik laughed airily, causing Y/N's heart to pound and flutter frantically in her chest.

"Good night, Y/N," he said.

"Good night, Erik."

Suddenly, it felt as if Erik was dropping Y/N off at the entry door of her house after they'd had a wonderful, romantic night out together. Erik was standing in front of Y/N, making jokes with her while she laughed and blushed along with him. When silence fell upon them, Erik leaned in slowly, one hand coming to settle gently on her waist while another cupped her cheek. He gradually neared Y/N's lips, his striking blue eyes flickering between her lips and her eyes. When he finally caught her gaze, he gave her a reassuring look, before he returned his gaze to Y/N's lips. He leaned in a little bit more and-

Y/N's fantasy was cut off by the scolding, common sense, and rule-filled part of her brain. She flicked her eyes down to the grey stone floor before returning to Erik's own eyes and giving him a small, shy wave and a tight-lipped smile. She turned back to face the red curtains, which were the entry to her room, opened them, and walked in, allowing herself to be comforted by the atmosphere of her private, safe thinking space of her quarters. She let out a soft huff and walked lazily to the closet, opening the doors and gazing at the many dresses and other wardrobe items. She picked out a nightgown which was made out of a white, silky material. (The picture is shown above.)

The nightgown was simple, really. It grazed the ground when Y/N stood, and it was very comfortable. It was surely made out of the finest material in all of Paris. At the neck, or the collar, there were ruffles, which were made out of white lace and had small designs sewn into them, that covered Y/N's collarbones. There were pieces of white lace that acted as strings that pulled the two halves of the collar together so too much skin wouldn't show. Below that, there two strips of lace that showed a small portion of Y/N's skin, which were also decorated with small, intricate designs to make the gown less plain. There was, of course, a strip of lace that separated the other two. The design on that solid colored white lace was just tweaked to fall out of pattern with the patterns on the other pieces of see-through lace. Underneath the last piece of transparent lace, there were three or four buttons and a large section of the white fabric which was totally wiped clean of any pattern or design.

At the sleeves, there was the same pattern for the transparent and solid lace as there was for the section below the collar. After the last strip of see-through lace, there was a piece of white fabric that was ruffled away from the shoulder, and underneath that, there was another piece of the same skin-showing lace. Then, the soft, silky material of the sleeves started. There were loops of silk that fit around the arm, but which stopped almost at the end of Y/N's forearms. There were ruffles which contained the silk and the other translucent fabric, that stopped in the middle of the back of Y/N's hands. The cuffs, or ruffles, had a brownish bow facing Y/N's body.

When Y/N stripped her old evening clothes off, she slipped on her nightgown with ease, and stepped out from behind the dressing screen. She strode over to her bed, slid into her red covers, and blew out her candle which lay on the dark brown, wooden night stand beside her bed. All of her discarded jewelry was resting there for the night instead of her jewelry box simply because she was too tired and lazy to put the necklace, earrings, and such away.

Y/N lay her head on the pillow and felt herself sinking into the bed and slipping into the hands of sleep. She closed her eyes, rolled over, and started falling into the deep abyss of the world of rest, sleep, and dreams, which were, in some cases, nightmares. As she started to succumb into this world, her last thought was of Erik's eyes twinkling with joy and laughter. She let that image relax her, and with a small smile, she fell asleep.

~

A/N: I am sorry again for the delay (if there was one, in your mind). I uploaded this way later than I had intended to and I am sorry for that. Though this chapter was filled with mushy stuff and describing, I really hope you liked this part of ALAB!

P.S.: I really enjoy reading your comments and your thoughts! Thanks for all of them, plus the views!