Chapter 18

As the door to the opera house closed and shut, both Erik and Y/N were left in silence and fear. Philippe had come for his revenge. Y/N hurried to her room and grabbed her sword, which was in its sheath on a belt, and buckled it around her waist so the sword rested on her hip and went down to her leg. She walked out to see Erik standing, waiting for their intruder. Y/N's heart was thumping loudly, so loudly that she could hear her heartbeat in her ears, ringing steadily in her head. She looked at Erik, who gave her a small nod as if to say 'be prepared, for he will be arriving soon', and arrive soon Philippe did.

Philippe arrived in the boat and jumped out holding his sword, ready for action. He stepped towards Erik and Y/N.

"I told you I would make you pay for all that you've done," Philippe hissed, a psychopathic grin stretching across his face.

"Philippe, please. Don't harm him. He's done no wrong," Y/N protests.

Philippe chuckles. "As if I would believe whatever nonsense and lies you feed me. He took you from me!"

"No. You have it all wrong. He didn't-"

"Yes he did, and you both will pay for what you have done."

He stepped forward to Erik and Y/N, pulling his sword out of its holster. He swung it at Erik, who dodged his attack by moving backwards. He pushed Y/N back, away from the scene.

"Y/N, I cant let you die. Step back," Erik said.

Y/N did as Erik said and stepped back, tears of fear flooding in her eyes. 'This is all my fault,' she thought as she watched them fight, fight for her.

Y/N went in sort of a haze, leaning up against the wall closest to Erik for support as she watched the man she's loved for years fight her monster of a "friend". Erik, though he had a slash in his leg from Philippe's sword, fought as though he felt no pain at all. Philippe, however, had one small cut in his arm and he was already practically rolling on the floor and sobbing like a child.

Philippe, though, made a move that intended to kill Erik. He was heading right for his stomach. At least he was smart on where he should kill his enemies.

Y/N quickly pushed Erik aside and took the blow herself, the sword piercing through her side. Erik's eyes widened and a huge lump formed in his throat. Y/N gasped and, when Philippe pulled the sword out of her, fell to her knees, clutching her wound. Erik fell down with her and held her to his body. He looked at Philippe, rage clouding his vision

"Now look at what you've done, you monster!" Erik hissed. "Now you will pay for what you have done. Not I, and definitely not her, for she has done no wrong. Be prepared for my revenge," he drew out in a snakelike voice. He carefully got up and stormed to Philippe, drawing out his sword and eventually slitting his throat. He watched as the life drained from Philippe's eyes, anger filling his senses. He tossed Philippe, who was now dead, aside and ran to Y/N.

"Y/N..." he said in barely a whisper.

Y/N just smiled weakly and held a hand to Erik's face. "It's okay, Erik," she managed, weakly putting pressure on the wound.

Tears flooded Erik's eyes as he too put pressure on Y/N's stomach. "No it's not. You're dying! I promised myself I wouldn't let this happen. I can't lose you!"

"It's fine. Erik?"

"Yes?"

"Don't forget that you are beautiful, inside and out. No matter how wounded your heart is, I will....I..." Her sentence was interrupted by a violent cough, which caused her to jerk upwards a little.

"Save your breath, Y/N, please. I don't want to lose you!" he cried, tears slipping from his eyes.

Y/N smiled and reached up for his mask, slowly slipping it off and wiping his tears. "It's alright. It's going to be just fine."

Erik stayed silent, staring at Y/N as she smiled at him reassuringly. He tried to look at Y/N as long as he could before she....

The life rushing out of her body. It was evident. "Y/N, I need you to put pressure on your wound for as long as you can. I'll be right back," he instructed, rushing away to get a needle and some silk thread from his dresser. He usually used it to fix his clothes, but he knew that he could see wounds closed with it, too. When Erik taught Y/N how to fight with a sword, she taught him many medical procedures in return, along with how to stitch a wound closed. Her father was in the army and he was a doctor.

Erik rushed back to Y/N, who was weakly putting as much pressure as she could on the wound. She smiled at him. "You know what to do," she said.

Erik nodded and quickly pulled off Y/N's dress and unlaced her corset, lifting up the top part of her underclothes. He started stitching the wound as fast as he could when Y/N touched his hand.

"Don't, Erik. Don't bother," she told him.

A huge lump formed in his throat and his eyes filled with more tears. "B-But Y/N-"

"Just let me be," she smiled. "I've had the best life, thanks to you. Thank you for everything. No matter what, I will always..." Then, her eyes rolled back into her head and her hand went limp and fell on to the stone floor beneath her.

"Y-Y/N?" he asked. His eyes went wide. "Y/N! No..." He quickly finished sewing her wound shut, using the exact method she had taught him. "No. You can't die. No," he managed, tears leaking out of his eyes. "I...I love you." He spoke as if no one could her him. Little did he know, Y/N heard every word he had said.

~

A/N: I'm sorry about the plot and the wait. I've had some family issues... But, I do have a new Tumblr account. It just has a part of a Sherlock/Johnlock fanfic I'm writing, but if you like Sherlock, Harry Potter, Captain America, Star Wars, or Les Mis, then you'll probably like it. My account is johnlocked-not-sherlocked, in case you're interested. Thanks for checking it out if you do and thanks for reading this. Until next time.