Chapter 20

A/N: I most likely used this picture before but oh well. It's a good picture.

~

As they pulled away from each other, Erik and Y/N panted for air as Y/N's hand ran through his hair while the other one was gently cupping Erik's scarred, beautiful face, brushing her thumb across his cheek. Erik held her by her waist, his eyes still closed, whatever little hair he had falling in front of his face. Y/N opened her eyes to look at Erik, how his face was formed and how the light grazed his face. He was beautiful.

Y/N smiled a little and him and Erik opened his eyes.

"Y/N..." he said. He moved a hand up to her hair and brushed his fingers against it. "Y/N." His hand moved up to slowly grab her chin. His eyes stayed steady on hers as he lifted her head up, bringing her lips and her face slowly to his. "Y/N.." he said softly before he fitted his lips with hers, closing his eyes again, knitting his eyebrows together a little, trying to savour the moment that he thought would never come.

Y/N grabbed the back of Erik's head, trying to pull him impossibly closer as he wrapped his arms around the back of her entire torso. He was practically hugging her and lifting her off of her feet, but Y/N hardly cared. He loved her. Nothing else mattered at the moment, except for the feel of his touch, his face, and how he had said her name only seconds before. It was only minutes ago that she had only dreamed of doing this with him and now, here she was, kissing the very lips of Erik Destler, the Phantom of the Opera, the Opera Ghost, whatever one wanted to call him. They were all the same person, after all, and that person was marvelous.

Erik grunted a little and let go of her to catch his breath.

"It's...a shame we need air to live," he said as he touched his forehead to hers, panting, his quick breaths mixing with hers.

"For an opera singer, you don't have very big lungs, Erik Destler," Y/N grinned.

"That's because I was saving it to say your name and to kiss you, over and over," he said between kisses that he planted on her cheek, down her neck, and to her shoulder.

"Is that so?" Y/N mocked.

"Yes."

After a short pause, Erik added a short sentence. "But, it would be enough just to see your face everyday when I wake up and every night when I go to sleep."

At this, Y/N's heart practically exploded. He wanted all of that...with her? How?

"Erik..." she spoke softly.

Erik looked at her worriedly. "Do you not want-?"

He was cut off by a short peck to his lips.

"Of course I want that, you complete arse," Y/N chuckled.

Erik laughed airily, relieved. "God, I love you..."

He swept her up into an embrace where her toes were definitely not touching the ground anymore. Y/N laughed and embraced him, slightly draping over his shoulders. She smiled at him and then looked at the ground, thinking how perfect that moment was.

Erik finally broke away from her after a while and set her down, one of his hands moving down to grab one of hers. He intertwined his fingers with hers and smiled at how good it felt to finally hold Y/N's hand at last. Erik squeezed her hand and she squeezed back.

"I love you," he told her.

"Likewise," Y/N replied.

Erik smiled and brought them over to his bed, where he pulled Y/N down onto him, holding her to him. She rested her head on his chest and kept their still intertwined hands on his stomach. She lay on her side with her arm by Erik's side, tracing small patterns on his waist with her thumb. Erik had an arm wrapped around Y/N's waist and rested his head back on his pillow. He sighed happily and smiled, closing his eyes and letting himself relax into Y/N. It's already been a long day and it was barely even noon.

Y/N smiled and snuggled into him a little and felt as Erik slowly got pulled into sleep. His hand relaxed in hers and his breaths soon became steady. Y/N carefully got up and smiled at his sleeping form before carefully kissing his forehead and writing a note. It read:

'If you should wake up before I am back, just know that I am at the market buying some food. We need lots. I'm not going to say why, but we do. Or, I do. I love you, my Phantom. I'll be back soon.

With great love,
Y/N'

Y/N practically skipped through the lair and out of the opera house, skipped from booth to booth in the market and skipped back to the lair with a basket full of food. She grinned all the way, and when she got back, she was pleased to see Erik was still sleeping, his mouth open a little, his chest still rising and falling with every steady breath. Y/N crumpled up the letter she wrote and through it in the waste pile, which still needed to be taken out. She hummed while she took her basket of food to the kitchen and started making the same crêpes for Erik as he had once made for her. When she was done, she was surprised the dish wasn't a complete disaster, though the crêpes did rip a little. But that didn't matter.

She walked over to Erik, who was just beginning to wake up, and sat down on his bed.

"I made you this. You looked like you hadn't eaten in days, so I decided to make you some food," Y/N explained.

Erik smiled. "Thank you. Though, I did eat once and it was very little. But still, thank you," he said.

Y/N smiled back. "You're very welcome, my Phantom."

She sighed a happy sigh and watched him eat as she drifted on into a world of thoughts, of her dreams, which could now very well be reality.

~

A/N: So, there it is! There'll be a few chapters more and then it'll be done and finished *cries*. It was really fun sharing this story with you all. Well, until next time.