Chapter 19

A few days later, Y/N awoke with a sharp pain in her stomach. Memories came flooding back to her as she held her head in her hands, now trying to suppress the memories which she first wanted to see. They became fuzzy right when she had seen Erik's eyes last. Then, it was only words. Distant, faint words that she couldn't really recall. All she could remember was that it raised her heart rate and caused the butterflies in her stomach to go wild.

She shook her head and carefully got out of bed and went to Erik's room.

"Erik?" she asked.

Erik's head shot up and he turned to look at Y/N, a look of amazement in his eyes. "Y-Y/N!" he grinned, his mask almost straining against his face. He immediately got up from where he was sitting on his bed and enveloped Y/N in a tight embrace, crushing the air out of her lungs.

Y/N chuckled. "Hello there," she said.

He ignored her and continued holding her in his arms.

"Erik, if you haven't noticed yet, you're suffocating me, so if you could just let go for a bit, that would be marvelous," Y/N told him.

Erik smiled a bit and let her go. "Better?" he asked.

Y/N looked deep into his eyes. "Much," she answered.

The smile from his face dropped and a look of confusion fused with a little bit of anger replaced it. "Why'd you do that?" he questioned.

"Do what?"

"Get stabbed."

Y/N raised an eyebrow at him. "Because someone stabbed me."

Erik sighed. "Well yes, I figured, but..." he paused. "Why'd you do it?" he asked.

"To save you. I didn't want you to die," she said.

"But that doesn't mean you had to risk your life!" he hissed, his voiced slightly raised.

"Yes, it does! Do you know what I would have done if you had been the one getting stabbed? I would have gone mad!"

"That doesn't mean you had to be the one getting stabbed! I almost...god...I almost..." he trailed off, a bit afraid to say what he had intended to say.

"No, Erik. You can't. You won't."

"And why not? You were dead at the time, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway." He sighed. "I don't think it would have mattered anyway," he mumbled.

"Oh, really? You think just because I was dead I wouldn't have cared? Well, Erik, you are wrong, very wrong indeed," she yelled.

"Great. There's something else I can add to my interminable list of things I've done or said wrong." Erik made a checking motion with his hands. "And why, might I ask, would I be wrong?"

"Because I love you, you daft prick!" she admitted loudly, throwing her arms above her head, eventually letting them fall heavily back down again. "It wouldn't have mattered if I were dead or alive, I would still have cared because I love you."

Erik stood in the middle of his room, dumbfounded, his blue eyes filled with shock. "You...What?" he asked, squinting a little, trying to comprehend. God, it was just like a dream. He almost had to pinch himself to see if he was dreaming.

"I love you," Y/N let out, hanging her head, immensely ashamed at herself.

"Say that again."

"No."

"Please?"

"No!"

"And what if I said I loved you, too? Would you say it again?" he asked, moving closer to her.

"M...Maybe."

"I love you."

"Do you really?"

"How could I not?" Erik sighed and smiled. "You're perfect."

Y/N shook her head and tried to hide a grin that was slowly creeping onto her face. "No, I...I'm not."

"Yes, you are," Erik said, inching closer to her, now about six inches from her face.

"No, I'm not, but I don't care at this very moment," she breathed, her eyes flickering from his eyes to his lips.

Erik nodded as he continued to move closer to her face. Y/N quickly slipped off his mask, one arm looping around his neck, holding his mask, and the other on the right side of his face, pulling him closer until their lips met in a soft, loving kiss, igniting their love even more, setting off imaginary fireworks in their minds and sparks in their senses. Everything in their minds, all thoughts, all visions, everything went blank and all they could think of was their lips against each other's. They had realised that this was, in fact, a love already blossomed.

~

A/N: Woaaaaaah that's so cool! *does a happy dance* Okay sorry. I'm also sorry for not updating in a while...I've had some stuff going on so I couldn't really do anything...but, this chapter was really cool despite being short, so I'm going to think I am forgiven. I hope you liked this chapter. Until next time.