Chapter 15

It was a normal day in the lair a couple weeks later. It was almost the Phantom's birthday, 1 December (that's when I think his birthday should be. I don't think anything really clarifies when it is), so Y/N was preparing everything. She was designing the cake and drawing out the plans of that day.

First, she was going to wake him up with breakfast in bed, which would consist of a chocolate eclair, Erik's favourite pastry, strawberries and a cup of Earl Grey tea, also another one of his favourites which Y/N had gotten him a long time ago. He didn't know it was British tea, but he still loved it nonetheless.

After breakfast, she was going to take a walk with him around the opera house. He was not yet comfortable with the idea of walking amongst people in broad daylight. She would show him where they met, where they watched Carlotta walk of the stage in a rage, and where they would often go just to be together and laugh and talk, above the stage, in the attic-like feature of the large theatre. She was hoping this would be good enough for him. It wasn't big and glamourous, no, but she thought it would have to do.

They would head back down to the lair and Y/N would give him his gift and a bite to eat. She would prepare a cake for him, his favourite of course, a delicate raspberry cake that she made for Erik once. It was her mother's recipe. After they had both finished their cake, Y/N would give him the pocket watch she had gotten him a while back. She would then talk with him or do whatever, as long as they had a good time. Then, at night, they would go do their own things as usual and go to bed.

Y/N was so excited she could hardly sleep. She had baked the cake at about five o'clock because she had nothing to do because she woke up due to excitement, and also so the cake wouldn't spoil. She hid it away where Erik wouldn't find it and started preparing his breakfast. She was sitting on the bench by his organ with the tray in her lap, waiting until it was a good time to give Erik his breakfast. When she heard shuffling and when she peeled through the thin black fabric that separated his room from the rest of them, he had his mask on and was sitting upright in his bed. She walked to his quarters and said:

"Knock, knock."

Erik groaned. "Come in," he instructed. Y/N did as he said and walked into his room.

"Happy birthday!"

"Don't remind me."

Y/N's face dropped a little but she didn't let Erik see it. "I made you breakfast," she said.

Erik groaned again. "Sorry. Thank you. It's just the morning of another year in my life; an older year."

Y/N immediately smiled and gave the breakfast to Erik. "It's no problem," she reassured him. "You're not that old to begin with."

Erik laughed. "Really?"

"Really."

Erik smiled, his ocean coloured eyes glittering with love. He looked down so his breakfast and started to eat it with the small fork Y/N had given him. He hummed in appreciation as soon as the sweet taste of the pastry touched his tongue, his eyes widening a little bit in amazement at the small food item, wondering how such a small amount of something could conceal so many flavours. Without saying anything to Y/N, he scarfed down his food immediately in a just about a minute. He ate as if he hadn't eaten in weeks, even months, when really, it was only days. Y/N figured this out when Erik uttered a 'thank you'. The words he said were dripping in gratitude.

After breakfast was finished, Y/N followed her intricately mapped out schedule until it was time for her to give Erik her gift. When Erik first saw it, his eyes sparkled in love and admiration. His face was surprised and filled with nostalgia, and as much as he would have liked to hide it, he couldn't. He could barely even manage a word of thanks before he embraced Y/N, pouring all of his love into her, so he liked to think. He pulled away from her with a smile on his face.

"Meet me on the roof at seven o'clock," he said. "Don't be a second late." He had a plan, and oh, it was a good one.

Y/N looked at him and smiled eventually. "I won't be. I never am."

Erik beamed and took her hand into his gloved one gently. "Perfect." He stood up and adjusted his waistcoat. "I will see you then, Y/N." He strode out of the compressed dining room and strolled into his own quarters. A smile twitched at the corner of Y/N's lip. She bit her lower lip and went to her own bedroom, gathering her evening clothes, which she happened to know were Erik's favourites. She guided her steps through the debris of the opera house carefully with a torch and made her way carefully to the Prima Donna room, where she quickly found a few candles, lit them, and put the torch on the hook on the wall of the room. She hung her clothes on the dressing screen.

Her dress was a big, white dress (the dress is shown on a picture above) with a transparent screen-like layer of fabric over it. The transparent part had gold fabric woven into it. The gold looked like it was forming vines of long, intricate flowers made up of long swirls and beautiful curls. She wore gold coloured shoes to match her dress and white gloves. On top of this, she had a black cape that barely grazed the ground when she walked. She put this on to keep herself warm, or as warm as possible. She looked in the mirror and smiled. Her hair was loose, free from the pins that she had constructed herself to put on when she was seeing Philippe. She shuddered at the memory of him. Her mind quickly turned to Erik, choosing to pass the remaining time with memories of him.

The time quickly flew away and suddenly it was almost seven o'clock. Y/N jumped up from her seat and quickly made her way to the roof of the opera house, which she arrived to just in time. She stood in the middle of the roof, turning in every direction, trying desperately to find Erik, who, unbeknownst to her, was hiding behind a large statue of a gargoyle. She was waiting on the roof for a while, waiting for him, when she felt a hand on her shoulder, a gloved hand. She spun around, a hopeful gleam in her eyes, only to be met with blue eyes.

~

A/N: Sorry it's been so long and sorry for the abrupt and rather messy and bad ending. I still hope you liked this chapter. Also, just to clarify, this is not the last chapter. There will be more. Thanks for reading! I love you all! Until next time.